Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

Rotifers in Cary area?

4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  OctoTech 
#1 ·
I seem to have a swarm of clown larvae (I guess) in my overflow. Anyone around Cary area have any rotifers? Probably a exercise in futility since I don't have time to devote to raising them but I can't seem to just do nothing :bh::bh::bh:

#15 ·
Ok now I am freaked out. What the heck are these? Never seen them before and I only see them in my overflow. Will take some pictures tomorrow and put them in the Id section.

And yes they are free swimming. My lights are out now but I can take a video tomorrow and yes I have instagram.

Flatworms aren't free swimming right??

#19 ·
I am going to assume these are clownfish and order some rotifers. But again looking for some I can come get today to get these guys fed now. Anyone or anywhere? S rotifers?

#21 ·
If you can't get rotifers in time, you could try hatching BS (San Francisco Bay eggs are the smallest) and hope for the best. Fry survival rate will not be high, but some of the larger fry might be able to tackle them, and if you're lucky there might be enough natural rotifers in the tank to get them by. Keep us posted!

#22 ·
Good suggestion! Unfortunately I start a new job tomorrow so not sure when I am going to fit this all in! But I will try to get a batch going.

I did order some but not sure when it will arrive.

#24 ·
I have some small mixed cultures of rotifers and copepods. I am happy to give you a culture but you will definitely need to bump up the production of the rotifers to keep up with the clownfish fry. You may be better off getting everything together now so you are ready for the next spawning event. I also have some brine shrimp cysts if you need some to get you started. Some fry may be able to eat BBS but I have found that most of my clownfish fry aren't large enough for BBS until about 7 days post hatch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.