Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

10 Gallon Nano Contest Chatter Thread

8K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  smellsfishey 
#1 ·
Here are a couple of ground rules.

1. Use this thread for all 10 gallon TOTM chatter. Ask your questions or make general comments here. If you have specific questions about someone's setup feel free to ask in their submission thread but keep general chatter in here.

2. You can make one submission thread but keep it at one so we can try to keep this organized. Put all your updates or photos in that thread, if people are making new threads for every update things will get lost.

3. Everyone will be required to post a picture of your setup by March 15th. There will be a thread setup for this by the 10th.

4. Every month starting April 1st there will be a thread made that everyone will be required to post at least one full tank shot of their setup.

#12 ·
hey guys i would love to know the status of the contest? I mean we need to get something orgainized or let us know if we need to not put any more money into our tanks. I will keep mine up but i would love to know whats going on. I am more then willing to help organize something but i want to be able to be in the contest. I see that there are a little bit of talent and a good feild right now maybe send out a mass email encourging the contest or somthing. If anyone knows anything let us know thanks.

#13 ·
If we were required to get started by March... then I think it is too late to build up interest in the contest. I've only just started checking this site again this last month, and when I saw that thread I had already thrown something in a 2.5g before I realised it was a 10g only contest and it was required to have started well over a month earlier. Seems like there are a few too many rules involved in this contest. I'm not even sure what half of them are. A shame.. it is a great idea and would be fun.

#15 ·
So have some of the main attractions. :confused: :not sure:

#16 ·
I think if the community still wants to run the contest then the people participating let us know and perhaps we can find a sponsor that would be willing to sponsor a prize at the end. No promises but we can try. let us know. Sorry about that. I can also contact josh to see if he was still interested in sponsoring it

#17 ·
That is kind of whack that some one would say they're sponsoring a contest (or anything) and then pull out after it had already started. Perhaps collecting said "prize" upon the beginning of said contest would be in order in the future. On further note.. I never saw any remarks about who was sponsoring this contest, or even what the prize was suppose to be. Seems like maybe just a case of a great idea, but no follow through? Not complaining.. I have way more good ideas than time as well.

#20 ·
Steve you would have to read the rules. I think to judge the tanks in the end and the person that won would get a frag or coral i think. I need to re read it. I still need to contact Josh. It is on my list of things to do just have not had a spare minute during the day to do it and i hate to call him at night. Let me know though if you are interested.
Let's close the talk on the previous sponsor please. I am sure it has just slipped his mind. He is a stand up guy but has a lot on his plate, i also know he is moving so it may be best for someone else to take it if they can or cancel it for now.

#22 ·
Despite his strict intolerance to violations in sales policy :) , Josh is a great guy and his knowledge base is definitely missed.

If he can't do it the contest is still on and the winner gets a frag of something from the MarineQuest 125 or something from my private stock if need be ;)

#24 ·
I ended up talking with Josh and said he was sorry about leaving this up in the air, he does not come on CFT anymore. Anyone that wants to contact him can do so through his email at foresteronw@hotmail.com .

But as for this contest we will go forward with what Joe said
Actually Cammie that's not what I said :confused:. I said that no I do not come on CFT anymore but that if people were still interested in doing this and wanted me to sponsor it I would be more than happy to do so, just have them contact me at my email address, foresteronw@hotmail.com.

#28 ·
Hard to tell. I only started checking this forum again a month ago. Came across this and thought it was a great idea and could be alot of fun.. but never could figure out what the rules were... and eventually I realised that the deadline to get started was months earlier. Perhaps a reboot is in order? Maybe a 10g or less rule? Rather than 10g only? I have a spare 5.5 and 2.5... but my spare 10's got ran over by my neighbor's car when he forgot to set the break.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.