5Likes
  • 2 Post By alwaysunderwater
  • 2 Post By PuffyLuv
  • 1 Post By alwaysunderwater

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Phytoplankton

Exclamation Help with Ritteri Anemone

I have a Ritteri Anemone that i am having issues with. My water QT is as follows. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, Phosphates 0, Calcium 405, Alkalinity 9.8 dKH. Salinity 1.026, PH 8.1

I am running this in a 40B with high flow, under two AI Prime HD's they are running around 70% blues, 10 R/G and 40 Whites. I have tried feeding it krill but the clowns grab it and pull it out. Can anyone help with some advise, i have trolled the googles and i know these are not an easy keep but i would like to try and keep it alive. I have attached a picture to show its current state.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1333.jpg (120.0 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:06 PM
Phytoplankton

Do you have any other corals in there? They bleach so easily so if you have a healthy corals nearby they can donate zooxanthellae back to anemone. But be careful though because they can sting other corals.

An established system also ensures stable water quality and dialed in lighting. Your water Q looks good as a snapshot but something might be spiking or swinging, especially at night. These guys can be deeper than other anemones so you want to replicate a bit deeper microcosm. If you don't give them what they there is little room for error since they are so bold and won't hide. Red and green don't diffuse very deep so your full spectrum white is probably sufficient. Blue does diffuse deep but it's also closer to ultraviolet radiation so it is very intense and can make chlorophyll pigments a little too excited, especially when first introduced. They can throw up their stomachs to shield light when it get too intense. I like frosted glass tank lids when matching LEDs and anemones.

I've had good luck feeding with silversides and on one occasion a struggling Heteractis took a nightcrawler! If you can't get it to eat try dosing some aquavitro fuel. Keep in mind you want algae (zooxanthellae) inside the anem. to grow which means algae growth outside of the anem. is a good indicator of what's going on inside.
PuffyLuv and oceandude like this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 07:10 AM
Goonch Catfish

Excellent answer!!! I can't see the pic, but noticed how old the tank is wasn't posted?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
alwaysunderwater and bvaughn7 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Phytoplankton

I second - age of the tank?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Phytoplankton

Tank is about 7 months old. The Nem has actually been moved to @Maasman 's 40B tank which is older, haven't seen anything positive at this point but we will see what happens. I can say I have two very pissed off clowns ATM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 08:04 PM
Goonch Catfish

Mmm, yeah, maybe too soon for a harder to keep nem...best of luck! I'm sure your clowns are really mad, just took their house away is how they see it!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Phytoplankton

[QUOTE=enzo86;17353082]Tank is about 7 months old. The Nem has actually been moved to @Maasman 's 40B tank which is older, haven't seen anything positive at this point but we will see what happens. I can say I have two very pissed off clowns ATM.

Clowns like to keep their friends close and their anemones closer!
PuffyLuv likes this.