where to get pond liner a good price - Page 2 - Carolina Fish Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Eurypterid

Thanks. I am flexible a little on size but that is about what I am figuring. I need to go out and measure agin but those are rough estimates.

~Cammie

"Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Noctiluca

About the gravel, I have been looking at that all over the area lately and prices vary widely. Depends on what color and stuff you want, how big or little the stone, delivery or not, etc.

I am probably going to be buying a few tons after I get my 55 set up going and the house painted. Right now I'm loving something called Delaware Stone.

I really like the blues and grays and hits of red. The house we bought last year has strait white marble type rock and we can't wait to get rid of it. I'm probably going to get the pea gravel size because it feels awesome when you walk on it barefoot. Very soft.

So far the best place I've found it was Seaside Mulch in Wilmington. In fact, they had one of the better selections overall of anywhere I could find, and I looked around some in Morehead City, Jacksonville, and Wilmington, and everywhere in between. Even some places between Morehead and New Burn. I actually bought about 2 tons of large stone from them last month for about $700. I had to drive to Jacksonville to the Home Depot, rent the flatbed truck they have for like $50, haul ass to Wilmington, drive back up to Emerald Isle to unload the stone by hand, then drive back to Jacksonville to drop the truck off, all in about 4 hours. But it was so worth it for the stone we got because no one else had anything like it.

There is also a really cool place in Wilmington called The Stone Garden. They have a decent website if you get a chance to check it out. The website has a newsletter with some monthly specials that can save you a lot.

Just another thing to mention though. I have been helping take beach sediment samples with the lab over a Onslow Beach (on Camp Lejeune) and am blow away at the tons of awesome smooth beach pebbles. They range from about a dime to the palm of your hand mostly, and it is everywhere. I was taking samples this afternoon (just got home) and collect a huge bag full. Actually ripped the canvas bag it was so heavy. Also got a big bag of just shell hash. It looks really good too. Haven't decided yet if I want to use it in my tank setup or for landscaping. I know there are a lot of places out on Emerald Isle and the rest of the island that have spots like that.

I'll try to get some pics of it tomorrow for you. It would kind of come down to if you want to spend the money and have it easy, or save a ton of money and collect the stones or shell yourself. The shell stuff would be really quick depending on how much you need, the smooth beach pebbles a bit longer, but would look awesome.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Eurypterid

Thanks for the info on the stone. I found some local here in Greenville that looks something smiliar to that but not quite as colorful. I just put a few pieces in my 180 and you can see pics of it in my newest thread on my 180 gallon planted tank makeover . I was thinking about getting some of that for the gravel but not sure yet. The guy told me it was Tennessee rock. But cannot remember the exact name he said. That stuff you posted looks very nice though and i will keep the beach stuff in mind too. I thought about going to some local streams etc and see what they have but i do not really want to take from the environment and secondly i will need lots of it

~Cammie

"Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 03:59 AM

Over the years PondPro 2000 has been trusted by thousands of customer as the only one-step solution to repair pond liner leaks. order now at: https://secure.websolhost.com/@pondp...rder/index.php
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeffreak View Post
any suggestions on where to good some good pond liner at a reasonable price. I need right much of it.
Nice to see you here Cammie! Hope all is well!
bsa

Barbara (bsa) George (gea)
70 & 76 Gallon mixed reefs
70 Gal CRACKED / Repaired Clam Dominant Cube
Always Feed your critters!
Our Clowns Laying Eggs
http://youtu.be/aGAHM7KOkZQ

76 gallon SPS Dominant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdS8IZNGybA
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 07:29 AM

Pondpro2000 is solitary pond liner which is equally useful as Pond Liner repair to join seams and make it 100% leak proof. You can order flexible pond liner at: https://secure.websolhost.com/@pondp...rder/index.php