Pic Upload Problems Again! - Carolina Fish Talk
 7Likes
  • 1 Post By bsagea
  • 2 Post By Ebone
  • 1 Post By oceandude
  • 2 Post By DBreefs
  • 1 Post By julius420
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Silverside
 
bsagea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Bern
Posts: 1,673
Pic Upload Problems Again!

Trying to get past my corals for sale album being lost with over 350 pics, I now cannot upload any pics to my existing albums. Keeps asking me about "adding to a group"??? I added some photos yesterday without any issues and then went to add more and that was the end of that.
I have no idea what has happened to this site, but it is beyond frustrating already!!!
GnarleyMarley likes this.

Barbara (bsa) George (gea)
70 & 76 Gallon mixed reefs
70 Gal CRACKED / Repaired Clam Dominant Cube
Always Feed your critters!
Our Clowns Laying Eggs
http://youtu.be/aGAHM7KOkZQ

76 gallon SPS Dominant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdS8IZNGybA
bsagea is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Senior Member
Goonch Catfish
 
PuffyLuv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 7,180
I don't know that it matters anymore...I used to get TONS of people posting and excited about ReefSMART here...now it is like radio silence! Good thing I found where everyone went before it was too late...Facebook! Check out some of the selling groups on there...I have had easily 10 the traffic there for RS and farm events...and that is with having those pages up only a year! VS a million years advertising on here. When I have talked to people about it they all say "Oh yeah, forums are dying. All of them"

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
PuffyLuv is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Lord Sith
Noctiluca
 
forumadmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsagea View Post
Trying to get past my corals for sale album being lost with over 350 pics, I now cannot upload any pics to my existing albums. Keeps asking me about "adding to a group"??? I added some photos yesterday without any issues and then went to add more and that was the end of that.
I have no idea what has happened to this site, but it is beyond frustrating already!!!
can you send me the link to where you're trying to upload the images to?

Lee

If you need Admin support please post here: http://www.carolinafishtalk.com/foru...alk-help-desk/
forumadmin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
Mosquitofish
 
Ebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: wilmington, nc
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffyLuv View Post
I don't know that it matters anymore...I used to get TONS of people posting and excited about ReefSMART here...now it is like radio silence! Good thing I found where everyone went before it was too late...Facebook! Check out some of the selling groups on there...I have had easily 10 the traffic there for RS and farm events...and that is with having those pages up only a year! VS a million years advertising on here. When I have talked to people about it they all say "Oh yeah, forums are dying. All of them"

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
ooo which FB pages
PuffyLuv and oceandude like this.
Ebone is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Senior Member
Bowfin
 
nova65ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC 27603
Posts: 2,509
Yes FB groups are taking over the forums for sure.
nova65ss is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Silverside
 
bsagea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Bern
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
can you send me the link to where you're trying to upload the images to?

Lee
Pm'ed the link to you. Thanks.

Barbara (bsa) George (gea)
70 & 76 Gallon mixed reefs
70 Gal CRACKED / Repaired Clam Dominant Cube
Always Feed your critters!
Our Clowns Laying Eggs
http://youtu.be/aGAHM7KOkZQ

76 gallon SPS Dominant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdS8IZNGybA
bsagea is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Senior Member
Eurypterid
 
oceandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carolina
Posts: 10,598
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova65ss View Post
Yes FB groups are taking over the forums for sure.
It is a sad truth...Compels me not to spend a ton of money I've spent many, many hours trying to fix a NC local forum. :(
julius420 likes this.
oceandude is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Bowfin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clayton
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffyLuv View Post
I don't know that it matters anymore...I used to get TONS of people posting and excited about ReefSMART here...now it is like radio silence! Good thing I found where everyone went before it was too late...Facebook! Check out some of the selling groups on there...I have had easily 10 the traffic there for RS and farm events...and that is with having those pages up only a year! VS a million years advertising on here. When I have talked to people about it they all say "Oh yeah, forums are dying. All of them"

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova65ss View Post
Yes FB groups are taking over the forums for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandude View Post
It is a sad truth...Compels me not to spend a ton of money I've spent many, many hours trying to fix a NC local forum. :(
This would certainly make for a good stand alone thread topic here on CFT.
PuffyLuv and oceandude like this.

Last edited by DBreefs; 04-10-2017 at 06:49 PM.
DBreefs is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 07:00 AM
Junior Member
Phytoplankton
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 26
I would love to see CFT switched to a Facebook group. It's 1000x easier. Especially since posting pics here is as frustrating as watching grass grow!
PuffyLuv likes this.
julius420 is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Carolina Fish Talk forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome