Charlotte Nov 15: Cichlids of Peru - Carolina Fish Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Jedi Knight
Bowfin

Charlotte Nov 15: Cichlids of Peru

Please Join us for lunch and great company as we hear about "Cichlids of Southern Peru's Madre de Dios Region, the Story So Far" at Jocks & Jills Sports Grill in Charlotte. We will be joined by Brian Perkins, owner of WildPeru and member of numerous clubs. I met Brian a few years ago when he came to visit. We have been to a collecting trip to Colombia together and have kept a great friendship ever since, with his encyclopedia of knowledge in its brain Brian Perkins is a great speaker to come see and learn about!

November, 15 2014 @ NOON

Jocks & Jills Sports Grill
4109 Southstream Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28217
704-423-0001
Jocks & Jills Sports Grill

=================
Brian Perkins BIO:

I was “imprinted” to the aquarium hobby at an early age by my father, Kenwood, who had kept aquarium fish since the 1940’s. He seemed to always have either aquariums, a fishroom, or an outdoor pond (sometimes all three!), stocked with interesting fishes at all times. I have been married for 33 years, and have two sons who, in turn, are now themselves being “imprinted” by their father with collecting fish in the Amazon.

I have been actively keeping and breeding fish since 1965 when I got my first pair of brick red swordtails. I have been a member of the AKA off and on since 1973. I joined as a result of my brother Stephen’s passionate interest in killies. I graduated as a Forester from the University of Washington in 1983. In 2000, with the support of an incredibly strong pool of aquarist talent, I started NWKillies, in Oregon, serving the Northwest region. I am a member of NANFA and the ALA as well.

For the past three years I have been busy establishing an “Eco” tourism business in Southern Peru called “WildPERU”. We offer custom jungle adventure tours, expedition logistical planning and support, and the export of live Ornamental fish for private collectors and academics. This work has taken me into some very remote and beautiful areas of the South-western and Western Amazon basin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement