Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Apex / Holly Springs
Where to start ... It's one year with ATI Essentials and almost no water changes.
During this year I did three small water changes, to siphon the detritus on the bottom of the sump and also to clean the refugium. The system is doing very good, awesome coloration and no issues at all. Well, I got dinos hehehe ...
But I got them so many times already in different systems that I have a strict plan that I'm doing every time and it's removing them in about two weeks. not a big deal anymore. The only one thing that is a small issue in the system - PO4.
Phosphates are around 0.12 and because of this, the growth is pretty slow. I'll be removing the refugium and replacing with an ARID chaeto reactor soon. The refugium is just not working at all, any macro that I'm adding dying in a week. I've tried different lights, flow, light cycle ... nothing is working I have no idea why. Even dosing some support additives for the macro doesn't help. Nutrients levels are around NO3: 3-5 and present, so it's just a mystery for me why it's not working in this setup.
So at this moment added a small reactor with ROWAPhos and will be removing the refugium today as it's just collecting the detritus, maybe this is the actual issue of the high levels of PO4.
All fishes are doing good, fat and happy. Added a pair of breeding clowns and I see them very happy with the clay pot, now thinking to try to save the hatching babies or not when they are ready hehehe ... I've heard this is a lot of work, not sure I have time and money for it.
So I'm very happy with the ATI Essentials. At this moment dosing 38ml a day of each part. One 10L pack last for about 260 days, which is pretty good.
Have a nice weekend everyone! 😉*