New members, create new topic to introduce yourself!! - Carolina Fish Talk
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Silverside

Send a message via AIM to CatfishAttack
New members, create new topic to introduce yourself!!

That welcome new member tread is getting longer and longer. I want all the new members to create a tread of their own to introduce themselves, so no body gets lost in the forum posting world

Advertise on CarolinaFishTalk.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 AM

Hello everyone hope all your tanks are in good status..... I'm a newby at this for the last six months. I started off with a 10g and almost give with the saltwater due to out of the roof levels of nitrite and nitrate. I had no live though. Onnce I got a 3lbs piece the water chemistry finally got acceptable. Then I came acrossed a 50g tank with dual hang on the back filter with oak stand at a yard sale. By the end of two months my tank had about eight fish(diamond goby,hawkfish,dottyback,bicolor blenny,spotted tail blenny, clownfish,lawnmower blenny,and a angel coral fish along with a family of brittle stars that came in a live rock,two shrimp,emerald crab, sallylightfoot crab (I think is the name)and a couple of hermit crabs). About 25lbs of live rock. I'm working on getting more of that. Water chemistry good but about .5 Ammonia. Any suggestions on getting getting this lower. I've been using stress coat by API. Up to about 2wks ago all my fish were fine. One day I woke up and my diamond goby had a body slime on his head area,cloudy eye and white dots(I think ICK)on his body. He deid that day. Over the next 2wks a fish would stop eating get cloudy eye,body slime and die within 1-2 days of these symptoms. Only two of my fish had the white spots with the other symptoms. I'm really fustrated at this point. My husband and my son Cole age ten were really enjoying the fish. Now I lost my last one yesterday. I don't know what happened. I treated with ICH-X x4days no improvement, then Melaflix and primaflix (API products) I wonder if I should of used an antibiotic. I don't want to give up but its getting exspensive. I can't afford an RO unit right now...and may not ever get one if I can get by with just buying RO water. Now I use tap and I know this isn't the best for keeping a healthy tank. How many of yall use tap water? Can anyone help me with this situation on maybe what killed all my fish in a matter of 7 seven day? This is enough.....This is my story.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 06:10 PM

72 corner I NEED LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!

i just truned my 72gallon FW stingray tank into a SW. iv got 2yellow tangs, one maroon clown and a marbeled cat shark. the shark isnt staying in the 72 he is still small but will be getting moved to my 210gal thats is in progress as we speak. ok now back to my 72, just a few cheap corals and just some lil t5 bulbs im looking for some type of MH that will fit nicely on the corner tank. well hit me up if you have any advice.
Thanks Aaron.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Tiger Fish

Send a message via AIM to Nemo
Dowork11b post this in the for sale WTB section.

~Minimum Requirements Means Minimum Happiness For All~

☆250 DD Reef *Sold Currently 4 years tankless* ☆

~Trey Overton 919-812-7882~

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM

how do I start my own thread!!! I know that's crazy sounding! LOL I'm NEW HERE!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Eurypterid

Go here Welcome - Carolina Aquarium Community
and there is a small box on the left hand side above post that says "new thread" click on that and introduce yourself

~Cammie

"Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'"
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Mosquitofish

hi all

my name is eddie and I have been in the hobby since before it was a hobby......I think

this year we purchased a small pet shop that I am shifting gears and revamping to hold lots of ultra coral at reasonable prices , my friend bill told me about this site so I checked it out and see its growing rather fast

thats great !

kind regards
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Mosquitofish

sorry , did not realize I had to start a new thread must have read it wrong
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 PM

Talking me

finaly gittin back on here after a 2 year vacation... running a 470 gallon reef tank thats mostly softies now .till i can git my setup perfected (sump and skimmer issues). will put up pics if i can figure out how to ... lets see coral frogspawn, 9kinds of zoanthis, 3kinds of candy cane, yellow sun, orange sun, black sun, red rodact, pink rodact, HUGE colt, purple & green & watermellon & orange mushrooms, duncans, pipe organs, two kinds of chalace, welso, blastomussa, hydonophora, knobby tiped leather. and like 4 i cant ID plus more but cant recal now..fish orange shoulder & naso & tomini & powder blue & valimingi & yellow, & eyeliner tang, pencil streeked rabbitfish, talbot dams, half and half dams, 6 red firefish

a 120 simi reef... say simi because it was my reef till the 470 came along but only coral in there now it cabbage leather and 2 bubbletips (regular gree and a rosey tiped white) using to grow out angels and tangs now (orange shoulder, singapore angel, pavo dams, red and yellow clown (amp. melinopious) , lawnmower

a 55 peditor tank . BIGG damsels (benns and a make blue fin), lionfish, and beautyfull grouper
and 2 quarrintine 55gallons one for coral an one for fish..

470 reef, 120simi-reef, 55 preditor, 55 fish quar,55 coral quar.. 5 snakes,1 gecko, dogs, etc
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Sailfish

Please start a "new" thread to introduce yourself! This thread was just posted to get new members to post thier own threads.