Internet browser problems (both Chrome and Opera) - Page 2 - Carolina Fish Talk
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Noctiluca

LOL I like open source too -- nice when the software development isn't limited to a handful of people, but rather the thousands or millions that USE the software.

But I still <3 my Apples

75 gallon
Torch coral, zoas, snake polyps, mushrooms, green favia, hammer, odds and ends
Mated clowns hosting a torch coral
Blue hippo tang, "Darly"
Foxface Lo
Giant peppermint shrimp

20 gallon
4 baby clowns hatched 1/1/12
Klein butterfly
3 peppermints
Aiptasia forest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Mosquitofish

Have you cleared the cache and such?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Phytoplankton

Do a virus, malware scan. How much hard drive space do you have remaining? If less than 10 gig it might be time for a new drive, or clean out the old one. If it's an old install you might try CCleaner to clean up the registry. Use that one with care as you can screw up a windows install if you delete the wrong things willy-nilly.
Of course I know from experience. And...... as others suggested, not only should you have your own browser login you should probably have your own personal login to that machine. Then that takes care of all the co-mingling you're worried about. Since you're married I'd have thought you'd enjoy all that mingling. I'm not married and sometimes think I'd enjoy those things......... but then I drink a beer and it fades from my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2020, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfishsc View Post
I'm having some odd problems that have me close to putting a 12 gauge slug through my computer.

I do not know if they are related. My wife uses Firefox seemingly without trouble.

First--- the past couple weeks, Chrome won't load pages. It says "Waiting for Carolinafishtalk to respond....." (or any other website, even google.com). It waits and waits and then times out.
  • Restarting my computer helps the problem briefly, but it always goes back to doing it fairly quickly.

Second--- I installed the latest Opera the other day. It freezes. I can be typing, and suddenly the words stop showing up, the cursor sits still, and I can't click X to exit and I can't change tabs.

I'm clueless. If computers were made out of oak, maple, and sheetrock, then I could fix them.

Any suggestions?

Computer is a 2.4ghz dual-core AMD with 4gb ram. Internet is cable broadband. ISP is Crime-Warner Scandal.
I also some issues with Chrome. No idea about opera. Recently using Firefox and it runs well. My internet has no issue.