IM 29 Lagoon for sale - Carolina Fish Talk
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By myfast622

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

IM 29 Lagoon for sale

Hey everyone

I am relocating to Seattle from Raleigh and looking to sell my 29 IM lagoon. Simply donít want to try and haul it while keeping my live stock alive. I am asking $1000 for everything.

It has been set up for 18 months and has been very stable. Unfortunately I have been traveling for work and my husband is not great at tank maintenance. Well, he doesnít have the passion for it, which we all know doesnít work in this hobby.

I have put a lot of money in the set up and there is really nothing else you could need or add at this point to improve the system outside of weekly maintenance. This would be perfect for a someone that knows the hobby and would like a great looking nano system that is great for displaying. Unlike most nano systems, this thing has all the bells and whistles (imo). Below is a list which prices paid for everything.

-IM 29 Lagoon - shallow, rimless, beautiful - $249

-IM APS stand - black aluminum - really canít find a better stand for this tank - $350

-MP 10 pump - $220

Aquamaxx 1.5 HOB - this is a beast of a skimmer for a tank this size. -$230

AI Prime HD LED $220 - programable - great little light

Nano Smart Auto top off- $110

2 Spin stream nozzles- $40

Donít remember what pumps I have but they are 250gph each $70

Heater- $30

Finally, I have several water jugs and reservoirs that you can have. A water testing kit. A nice tank scrapper. Seachem PH stabilizer. Maybe a few other things Iím not thinking off.

Now for the live stock

2 paired bullet flurry clowns - hosting rainbow bubble tips $60 (for the first, tank raisedÖstarted as one, has split 4 times)
2 leopard spotted wrasses
1 pygmy angle
1 reef lobster - beautiful but you donít see him very often
several hermit crabs
6? peppermint shrimp

A couple of notes: I had a pretty intense aptasia outbreak a while back. Tried to stave off with Aptasia X. Awful idea. I canít stand that stuff. I finally got smart and got the peppermint strip. They have pretty much eradicated it but there are still a few small clusters where the clownfish will not let them near their anemones. Not to mention the reef lobster has made his little home right underneath the clownfishes main anemone so the shrimp know they are risking their life if they attempt to clean off that one rock.

Again, this tank is beautiful and all the ingredients for success for someone who has the time to put into it.
All said and done with live stock, this is a $1880 set up that is established, therefore I am not really willing to negotiate on the price.

I am however willing to sell my live stock to someone with an established system that can show they are capable of successfully and safely transitioning them. They are very attached to their anemone so I prefer you take the rock it is on as well. It is the rock with aptasia though. If not, they will want a new home. Theyíve never really not hosted one and will host a bubble tip in a heartbeat. $170 for the pair.

Reach out if you live in the area. If you decide to take the whole set up, youíll need to have someone help you move it. Once we agree to you taking it, you are responsible for insuring the integrity of the tank and anything damaged will be your responsibility. Everything is in perfect working order.

Feel free to text me at 305-878-8086. Located in SW Raleigh about a mile from NC State Fairgrounds
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LRG_DSC02675 2.jpg (55.4 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg LRG_DSC02679 2.jpg (114.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg LRG_DSC02689 2.jpg (84.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg LRG_DSC02692 2.jpg (59.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg LRG_DSC02682 3.jpg (51.5 KB, 59 views)
Berlibee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 11:25 PM
Silverside

Thank you very much @myfast622 was very nice to meet you! Cheers.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 05:44 PM

Great to meet you @myfast622 . Good luck on the move!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 03:50 PM
Phytoplankton

29 gallon

Hi, would you consider shipping? I am in sc. Would take the clowns and nem rock, aptasia and all. thanks.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthias View Post
Hi, would you consider shipping? I am in sc. Would take the clowns and nem rock, aptasia and all. thanks.
Hey @anthias - not sure whether @myfast622 has already made the move, but this is a bit of an old post - the clowns and btas were sold the week the post went up (to separate homes).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Phytoplankton

Thank you.