Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

January TRAC Meeting

5K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  PuffyLuv 
#1 · (Edited)
Sorry for the late notice, but we'll be moving our January meeting back a couple of weeks to Saturday, January 29th. I've had quite a time trying to schedule this one!

We'll be meeting at The Reef Farm in North Raleigh and making our own frozen food. We've done this once before and it was a lot of fun. There will be all kinds of food ingredients there, and everybody will get to make their own food specific to the needs of their tanks. We'll be having the meeting at 1pm, a little earlier than usual, since The Reef Farm gets a bit cold and dark later in the day.

We really need some locations/speakers for this year, so let me know if you might be willing to do either!

When: Saturday, January 29th, 1pm
Where: The Reef Farm
What: DIY Frozen Food - Everybody will be able to make their own frozen food. There will also be people-food there - pizza and drinks. I will set out a jar for people who would like to contribue a couple of dollars towards the food.

#8 ·
Thanks to YodaHart, we'll be having door prizes at this meeting! Ocean's Blend has donated:
2 sets of 64oz 2-part supplement
1 bottle of Magnesium
1 bottle of Iodine
1 bottle of Stronium
4oz jar of Coral Vibrance
1 cup jar of phosphate/silicate remover

A big thanks to Ocean's Blend, and I look forward to seeing everybody in a couple of weeks!

#17 ·
UPDATE!

I'm going to a funeral in Winston-Salem on Saturday, so odds of me making it to any part of the meeting are slim to none. Puffy is going to run the meeting, but I could use some help from you guys since she has to run the Farm AND the TRAC meeting. Here's what would be helpful:

1. Somebody to bring the pizza. I could drop it off on Friday night, but that would be yucky, and I'm sure everybody would prefer fresh pizza. I was going to go by Little Caesar's and get a few of the large pizzas for $5.55.

2. Somebody to bring a few soft drinks. Seaheard will be bringing a case of water (Thanks!!), but we could use a few soft drinks for variety.

3. A blender, food processor, magic bullet, etc for blending the food. If nobody has one they're willing to put fish food in, I can drop ours off, it would just be easier if somebody attending could bring one.

Let me know if you can help! I will make sure everything gets organized beforehand so it goes as smoothly as possible

#22 ·
I have a blender we don't use anymore.

3. A blender, food processor, magic bullet, etc for blending the food. If nobody has one they're willing to put fish food in, I can drop ours off, it would just be easier if somebody attending could bring one.
That would be a huge help, thank you so much! Will you be arriving at or near 1pm?

#20 ·
Never been to Reef farm, so Im gonna come. Hope you have coral for sale also ! see you there. Also have a large Clarkii Clown if anyone wants I can bring it !!! See thread Large Clown for sale. He needs a bigger home ! Dennis

#21 · (Edited)
Sweeeeet! =D Because I don't hold out much hope that I will find the food processor we used to use for Aquamunch. =0 That would be supa cool, promise we will be careful and clean it up real good! =D

Dfixallman - love your screen name BTW - don't worry I ALWAYS have coral for sale. ;) Ah, a farm newb - NICE can't wait to show off my baby to you. =D

Scoots, I can prolly get some pizza delivered - non-reefers luv Puffy sometimes, too, lol - so if no one is picking up just LMK we'll work something out.

#23 ·
Scoots, I can prolly get some pizza delivered - non-reefers luv Puffy sometimes, too, lol - so if no one is picking up just LMK we'll work something out.
Ok, I will let you know this afternoon. I'll call you in a little bit so we can figure out when I'm going to drop this stuff off to you. Hopefully folks will chip in a bit to cover the cost of the pizza. Thanks!

#27 ·
We ate it all, Scoots, no fish food. Lol, JK, it came out great - we made a blend for nano reefers and also one for people with big fish and tangs - heavy nori in that one. I had so much fun playing with everything - my hands still smell a little funny lol even after repeated washings!

I'm sorry, Scoots, we never got pizza organized - but no one seemed to mind - but we had plenty of soda and chips. I actually managed to dig up the food processor and we used that - so Fishfinder's blender was saved, though he was very nice to bring it - and showed up early to help! =D Thanks Fishfinder, and NCReef you know you are tha MAN, thank you, too. =D Thanks for coming out, everyone, I had a lot a fun - let's do it again sometime! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.