July 11th meeting anouncement - Carolina Fish Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Phytoplankton

July 11th meeting anouncement

Flier url: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps54b562c9.jpg

Schedule:
7:30 people start arriving, mingling and browsing through the auction goods.
8:00 speaker starts
9:00 ish betta bowl show. This month, the crowd favorite betta takes home Betta Min flakes.
9:15 ish auction. The club does not take any percentage of sales. What people bid is what the seller gets. People have in the past brought fish, macroalgae, corals, plants, equipment, heat lamps for reptiles, aquarium decorations, etc. Feel free to bring anything aquarium related.

Club website: Aquarium Enthusiasts of Triad NC
Discussion forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/233500553412439/
Pictures of past meetings: C A A S :: View topic - Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point area club
Parking is free. The lot labeled T on this map is the closest to the building: http://static.wfu.edu/files/pdf/visi...parkingmap.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Bowfin

Following
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Phytoplankton

To boost club attendance, one person who attends July's meeting will win this fish care package. Thank you to Marineland and Hikari for kindly donating these food samples. Thank you Steven Wallace for coordinating the sponsorship.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Phytoplankton

"Hey Carolina friends an interview by Fincasters was just uploaded today where our foods are explained and I talk about our company's start. We actually did eat our fish food on camera as mentioned in the interview. The video of that is on our "What is Reef Frenzy" page on the ReefFrenzy.com website. Would you eat the fish food you are currently feeding? Enjoy. "
Fincasters Episode 38 Reef Frenzy - Frozen Fish Food You Could Eat - YouTube
youtu.be/HPE8nnWXzdQ

This is the speaker for July's meeting, everybody! Get excited, and bring your family and friends. It's going to be a great meeting. We've got a no-cost-to-enter raffle prize that you have a chance to win simply by coming to the meeting, a great speaker, a fish room tour by Kenny Booth, a betta bowl show, and an auction where what people bid is what you get! It's going to be a great time. 8-10 ish pm, this July 11th!

Last edited by Erica Lyons; 07-01-2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: edit hyperlink
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Phytoplankton

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Is there a member fee for joining the club, attending the meetings, etc?
A: No, it's free to come to meetings. We won't ask you for money, it's free and always will be.

Q: What's a meeting like?
A: People show up around 7:30 and start setting up and browsing through auction goods. From 8-9, we all listen to the month's speaker. At 9, we have a betta bowl show, and the crowd's favorite betta gets a printout certificate. Around 9:15 we start auctioning stuff off.

Q: Auction? What are the auction rules?
A: People are welcome to bring any aquarium related item (fish fry, filters, reptile heating lamps, flake food, anything). They set their item's starting bid. The auctioneer bounces bids back and forth among people, until the highest bid is determined. That person gives cash to the seller. The club doesn't keep any of the sale price. What people bid is what the seller gets.

Q: I heard there was a raffle, what's that?
A: This month there are two raffles, and you get a ticket for both simply by attending the meeting. The first is for Marineland and Hikari fish food, sponsored by those companies and coordinated by our own very awesome admin, Steven Wallace. The second raffle item is an unopened copy of Linkin Park's new album, The Hunting Party. I (Erica) had to buy the physical CD to buy the digital copy, but I don't keep physical copies of music. So I'm raffling it off to increase attendance. No raffle entry cost.

Q: Cool! I'm interested in coming! Where do I park?
A: Park in Lot T on this map, which isn't labeled "T" in real life.
http://static.wfu.edu/files/pdf/visi...parkingmap.pdf
It helps if you print that map out. We'll be in room 125 of Winston Hall.

Q: Can I bring a friend? My kids? My spouse?
A: Yes! Everybody is welcome. We will even try to have aquarium themed coloring pages for kids at most meetings.

Q: How many people usually attend the average meeting?
A: We've increased attendance since we first started meeting in the fall of 2013 to now expect between 10 and 30 people at each meeting. Make us bigger by bringing your friends The more the merrier!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Mosquitofish

I will unfortunately be out of town for this meeting. Ugh. Really wanted to meet that guy.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Phytoplankton

July 2014
Speaker: Larry DuPont of Larry's Reef Services
Topic: "Super Foods" for Optimal Nutrition

Thank you to Marineland and Hikari, our generous sponsors who donated fish food for the raffle.
The raffle was free to enter and all who attended received a raffle ticket.

Congratulations to Kat Jackman for Marmalade, the beautiful orange female betta that swept the betta bowl show!