Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the tank is in position and ready for the cycling phase. Put live sand in and a couple fake reefs in from Instant Reefs. Also the tank is drilled with a Magaflow kit & two Aqueon circulation pumps (1250's) pushing the water surface around. I have a Eshopps wet/Dry filter & a Danner mag 950 return pump. This is going to be a FO set up @ first , then I will proceed to LR & corals as my skills improve. I painted the exterior back glass black ( three coats one hour apart) with a flat acrylic which worked out great. Any and all response are welcome. Just keep in mind that everything I know about aquariums I read from books & the Internet, proceed with caution.LOL

·
Registered
176 Posts
I hope you have great success in the hobby,Please remember,If you ever have to treat for a parasite,In your system,Stay away from copper,also a few other treatments will be absorbed and then gradually released from your gravel or decorations over time after treatment,So you might benefit from a UV light in the long run......Many people have had to find out the hard way,I am trying to save you a headache,,It might sound weird or off the wall,But with over twenty years of keeping saltwater systems,under my belt,I have seen a lot,and unfortunately in the early 90`s I found out the hard way,There was no internet......

·
Registered
176 Posts
No problem,You are starting out ahead or the game,excellent filtration,nice circulation,good size tank,You would be surprised at how many people doom their efforts from the start,and then they wonder why they fail......You are going to be a great hobbyist...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coralife Turbo-Twist Ultraviolet Sterilizer. I was thinking that this one would do the trick. What do you think? Regalblue41.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts