Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I was never happy with the Aqua Scape so I spent most of the day today really working on it! Let me tell you BSI super glue is amazing!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Things are still going pretty well, I did of some Browning of some of my SPS Frags from 60 at first but I attribute that to stopping carbon dosing and the tank swap but they are bouncing back nicely, I did have some issues with the Cheato w/ the MarsHydro Grow light but it seems to have acclimated and has almost tripled in size, also my PH has stabilized at 8.18 at night and 8.21 during the day, I'm dosing the 6ml a day of Triton Core 7 Elements with the GHL 2.1 SA Doser and my DKH is steady at 8.4, CA 420, Mag. 1250. N03 is still hanging right at about 8ppm with no water changes since start up and P04 is undetectable (test with Red Sea Kits and Hanna checker) I have been feeding a lot heavier than I ever have with a cube of Mysis Shrimp mixed with some Reef Frenzy and Feeding 2x a week with either Reef Roids or Reef Chilli. The Marcos Rock and the Dry Caribsea Special grade sand went through a nasty Diatom bloom but it is almost gone and the rock is starting to color up nicely. I have been debating on doing a water change just to bring the N03 down a bit but also curious to see if the Cheato can bring it down on its own with out me having to mess to much with the chemistry...

Here are some pic from last week, I will snap a picture tomorrow and post it once lights come on. Also this past week I placed my first SPS order from Battlecorals.com, If you are looking for nice SPS give Adam a call he hooked me up!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Tank Update... Tank is 5 months old and things are looking pretty good, about a month ago I had a Alk spike due to me not clicking save on the on the setting and dkh rose up to 10.5 (triton wants 7-8) coral started looking bad but once I discovered the cause and corrected it things are bouncing back nicely. Right now I'm battling Nutrient issues and its a battle I have never experienced before, N03 is at 0, P04 is at 0 and I am constantly battling cyano on sand. Cheato was just kindof chilling for about 4-6 weeks it never looked bad but didn't seem to be growing, then all of a sudden it took off, growth exploded I was prunning it every 2 weeks and I was getting about a 5 gallon bucket every time I pruned it back. It took N03 from 8ppm to 0 in about a month and P04 was at .08 and it brought it down to .02 but then slowly rose to .17 which I corrected it and brought it back to .00-.02 w/ GFO. I am feeding more than I ever have in past 3x a day w/ a mixture of mysis, brine, cyclops, pellets, and nori every other day and NO3 is still at 0, I have reduced Photo period of fuge from 12hrs to 6hrs and NO3 remains at 0 and PO4 is staying .00-.02 w/ GFO but I feel that as soon as I remove GFO is would skyrocket. I have started dosing Red Sea reef Nutrion A and B amino acids and the parameters have stayed the same but I feel SPS are looking better. I'm considering adding more fish or even starting to dose Potassium Nitrate but I have no experience dosing N03 and it makes me nervous... SPS are looking better and better by the day but I can't keep the cyano off sand and I feel its because the NO3 and P04 are out of wack... here is pic as of today....

·
Registered
2 Posts
What a lovely setup. I wish I had the money for such a tank. I can't even buy a good CO2 tank for the one I own. I'm about to get one of them. But, first, I have to choose the substrates for a planted aquarium, and I want it to be colorful and artistic, not just a cliche tank. Well, I think a good planted tank substrate choice, this guide is the most beneficial. It helped me a lot, I can say. Plus, I'm thinking of making a mixture of many aquarium plants, and I will use eco-complete planted substrate. That will be a tank revolution idea. I don't know how easy it will be to clean the entire surface of a planted tank substrate, but I'm not worried at all.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts