Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March 1st is finally here! I actually took off work today to do a dozen+ errands and this was one of them. After a few debates with myself on which type of equipment and which type of powerhead to use...I think I figured it out.

Lets start off with a bit of information regarding my setup:

-1 Current-USA 18'' Nova Extreme T5HO Fixture (used-reef2reef.com $30)
-1 Koralia Nano (used-reef2reef.com $15)
-1 Aqueon 10 Power Filter (new-Fosterandsmith.com $15)
-1 Jager 50 watt heater (new-Fosterandsmith.com $15)

**$75.00 in equipment**

-20lbs of Live-Sand
-Estimated 5lbs of Live-Rock (so far)

For now, I have placed a few frags of Ricordias, Zoas, Pink Star Polyp and Frogspawn, but I believe all of this is going into my main tank, so this is all just in the tank temporarily.

Anyway...ON WITH THE PICS!

1. Equipment: Since the 18'' Nova Extreme obviously doesn't fit on a 20'' tank, I cut a piece of glass to cover 3/4 of the tank, and set the lighting fixture on little rubber stands in place of the legs it came with.

2. Adding water & sand:

3. Adding rock & equipment:

more pics in future posts...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5. More pics!

That's it for now! I will post more and better pics once the water finally clears up and everything settles in.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I would have painted the back, black or at least blue. That would keep you from seeing all the equipment/cords.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I will be, just don't have the paint right now. It's easy to move this tank around...doesn't weigh much.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yeah I will be, just don't have the paint right now. It's easy to move this tank around...doesn't weigh much.
Good call. I total forget these are 10 gallons and you can just about pick them up full and move them. Looking forward to this contest, wish more people would have gotten involved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts