Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking of buying some and looking at blu, v2 and 7's

Just curious if anyone else is using a Brand that is good?

I bought the e-go kit a while back with the liquids etc....but it is just too heavy and I never use it because of that. I want simple replaceable cartridges

I know I need to quit all together but thought I would ask around about the electronic versions and what others use and their experience. Would like one I can buy local so I don't have to worry about ordering

·
Registered
333 Posts
I picked one up at Walgreens a few months back. It was heavy and longer then a normal cig but it was convenient and secretive...lol. You could use it anywhere and left no smell or smoke. Ill have to see if I can find the name of it. I'm know it has different cartridges and even some for quitting smoking they make nicotine free cartridges to help quit but still gives the sensation of inhaling.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have used them before but the one I have has the larger battery and drip tips. It is just too heavy. So will probably sell it or keep as a spare and get something smaller and lighter. i am looking for something of good quality and good battery.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
The wife and I have been Cig free for over three weeks. I'm using a Clearamizer. Fees king love it. It's turned into a hobby for my wife. Saving a fortune. Be careful, there's some scams out there. Stay away from the ones that try to set you up on auto shipments. One company almost got me. Anyways, best choice I've ever made for me and my kids.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have used several different brands over the last 3 years, biggest difference is the price. The first one I spent around $180 for the kit, second one I got online at yourecigarette.com which was basically the same exact kit for only $70. The problem I had with both of these is the atomizers usually don't last that long and you have to keep getting replacements. Now I just buy the cheaper kits at the gas stations for around $20 and buy a pack of the refills that have the built-in atomizer, when the refills run out I just pop the cap off the end and refill them with ecig liquid which you can now get at a lot of smoke shops.

·
Registered
900 Posts
My buddy uses the blue and he loves it he still breaks down sometimes mostly after he eats he says he wants a really one the only bad thing I've noticed about it when he's over is that the batteries die pretty quickly but he has that thing in his mouth constantly so it could just be him

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well I ended up getting the blu kits today mainly because I can buy replacement cartridges locally instead if having to order them. If I like them the I can move up later. But for $50 I could not beat it. I am a pretty heavy smoker and so far I have used it half the day and it is still running strong. We shall see.

I have the ego that I bought a year or so ago and like it but it is just too heavy since it uses a heavier battery so I never used it much. I still have juices left over from that so I can use them to refill. The thing I like about blu is they list the ingredients which is only three.

I think since lunch I have only had three real cigarettes which is WONDERFUL for me. I have been a smoker for 21 years and I work from home for the most part for the last few years so it seems my smoking has picked up. I have to quit though and I really don't have lot of choice in it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
They haves said, vapor/electronic cigs are only as bad as caffeine. You're not getting the smoke and 4000 chemicals they out in a real cig. Good luck, I was smoking two packs a day. I still have an erg every once in awhile. If you can just hang on, it goes away pretty fast. Mine has a big battery, but still fits in my shirt pocket or pants pocket. I use this thing all the time.
View attachment 25962

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Cammie, I don't know how often you make it this way, but at the Flea Market in the building there is a vender who sell great units and can even match to your blend for best taste. They also are online and have locations in Raleigh and Cary. I just cannot recall the name...I'll try to find out though.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
They haves said, vapor/electronic cigs are only as bad as caffeine. You're not getting the smoke and 4000 chemicals they out in a real cig. Good luck, I was smoking two packs a day. I still have an erg every once in awhile. If you can just hang on, it goes away pretty fast. Mine has a big battery, but still fits in my shirt pocket or pants pocket. I use this thing all the time.
View attachment 25962

I have an ego as well but have not used it much. However I just bought two clearomizers for it and a couple for the blu, so hope to be using it more. Now to find some liquid I really like.

Anthony I can use a cartridge on the blu over a course of a day atleast and I have also just got some cheap liquids and refill the blu cartridges. Much more cost effective. The battery on it sucks but does not bother me a bit since it comes with two, I just switch them out.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Cammie, I don't know how often you make it this way, but at the Flea Market in the building there is a vender who sell great units and can even match to your blend for best taste. They also are online and have locations in Raleigh and Cary. I just cannot recall the name...I'll try to find out though.

Thanks Michael. I just need to find out where to get some good samples of liquids to try. If you find out the name let me know. I don't make it that way much but I am always up for going to the flea market :).
I have to admit vaping is not half bad and so far in two days I have only had about 3/4 of a pack of real cigarettes. Hoping to lessen that every day. Also I don't feel like I am even missing them much and I know this sounds stupid but I think I am even breathing a little better already.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I smoke ultra lights, I am a sissy...LOL

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you look around, you can order the equip for half the price if in a store. Then just buy your liquid from the stores.

Check out: smokeless image.com

·
Registered
203 Posts
I smoked Newports two packs a day for 13 years and used an electric cig for two weeks. I switched to nicotine gum for two weeks and then to good old trident gum. I have been smoke free completely for 2.5 years. I couldn't stand the thought of smoking that thing for too long. When I see someone smoking an electric cig, I always think they look ridiculous, but hey it does work!!! Good luck, cause real cigs are way worse!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have used a Modern Vapor and now it sits in the case most of the time....
It did take some time and serious effort but feel so much better and I can spend it on otherstuff.

·
Registered
397 Posts
At raleigh fair grounds flea market

Misty mountain vapors
Misty Mountain Vapors Electronic Cigarette Sales
I use them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts