Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i moved some things around yesterday and low and behold look what i found he is teeny tiny

some kind of rock crab?

·
Registered
258 Posts
He's cute but with those black tip pointed claws, I would definitely move him out. I had a huge gorilla crab that lived in my sump for a long time until he managed to get stuck in the skimmer intake. :( He was really feisty. Pinched my husband, scared me every time I was digging around in the sump, and promptly killed any other crab rejects banished to the sump. Actually kind of miss him. :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did not kill him and hes super tiny i would say his carapace is as big as a pencil eraser maybe smaller.

i moved him to my 10 gallon mini reef with couple hermits coral banded shrimp and a neon dotty back

i am thinking the coral banded will eat him after a molt as that's what he does with any other shrimp i put in his tank, assume he will do the same with the crab. either way at his current size he poses no threat.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Just a thought, but with the size and coloration of this specimen, could it possibly be a trapezia acropora crab? If so, no worries. The spots and claw structure is what makes me think that it may be so. Thoughts peeps?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When in doubt, pull it out!
nah i threw him in my 10 gallon junk reef when he molts he may get eaten if found my coral banded shrimp has decimated any hermit or any other shrimp i had in there after a molt

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Just a thought, but with the size and coloration of this specimen, could it possibly be a trapezia acropora crab? If so, no worries. The spots and claw structure is what makes me think that it may be so. Thoughts peeps?
I don't think you'd find an acro crab outside an acro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts