Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two blue knuckled hermit crabs yesterday and they don't move.........they are alive I see them come it and out of their shell but they don't move around the tank..........is this normal? Are they just getting use to the tank?

·
Registered
595 Posts
They may just be getting used to the tank?

They should move around alot tho. May even eat each other. I have just one in my fuge. Ate too many other hermits and snails so it has been banished. I tried introducing a second to my tank but my first ate the second within minutes of introducing it to the tank. Just tore him apart. very strong little guy. Fastest $8 down the drain

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
What did you do to acclimate them? Crustaceans can be very sensitive to swings in salinity, such as if they are floated and then plopped in a tank. Learned this the hard way myself. And sometimes they'll look ok for a while and then die.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you do to acclimate them? Crustaceans can be very sensitive to swings in salinity, such as if they are floated and then plopped in a tank. Learned this the hard way myself. And sometimes they'll look ok for a while and then die.
I don't have a drip so I poured their water in a container and added about 10% water volume every few minutes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts