Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got everything pumped and ready. im running it on my reefkeepe light, I have the ph set at 6.5 in the reactor. What should i be watching for on the bad end of this. Ph drop in the tank? Any info will help. Ive read many things but i always like asking the CFT family due its where ive gotten the best info on everything else so far.

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
You don`t have to drop the ph that much in a reactor,your media will disolve at a higher ph,If you keep a real low ph in your reactor and you don`t move very much water through it, it can cake or turn to mush which can lock up your pump,If you have the effluent water leaving the reactor at that ph you would more than likely run it through another container or cylinder of media,to try to bump up so to speak,the effluent waters ph....many hobbyist run the effluent water through their protein skimmers to blow off the excess c02..If you don`t that can lower your ph ,If you don`t have good,or great circulation on the main tank,

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
pH in the reactor depends on the media you are using, different prands recommend different ideal pH for dissolution.

I would just recommend testing your alkalinity every day, or every other day at most, for a week or so until you are able to maintain constant numbers and get it "dialed in".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts