Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so, I got my new skimmer ordered, my 2 400w halides installed, and am finally becoming happy with my new setup. I need some more liverock, but, it is starting to come together. Pics will be coming up later tonight. Just ordered an octo extreme 200 which should be here later this week, woohoo! Ready to see that thing suck some scum out of my tank. As an homage to the old 37, here's a few pics to show what I upgraded from...

That's a a cramped sump there...

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Ok Chan so where are the pics of the new set up!! ;) can't wait to see things progress

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha, so I got wrapped up playing the new Mass Effect (It's one of those games that sucks you in) and forgot to take pics before the lights went out. I promise I'll post some pics tomorrow

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so, I'm going to do this in a different kind of way than everyone else. I'm going to keep everyone on the edge of their seat for a few days and just post a pair of pics every day for a few days. The following is your treat for day one :D

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Love the clam and thanks for the pics, I'll do my best to wait for the others but I am very anxious to see your new set up!! Exciting!

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
WOW......I am telling, that is not fair!! LOL looks good so far Chan :D

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, new skimmer will be here tomorrow (Wahoo!!!!) In anticipation, I'm gonna post a bunch of pics. MY Melanurus wouldn't sit still long enough for a good pic. My Yellowstreak is a camerahog though, he follows the camera wherever I go. Potters is also all over the place. Tomorrow will be an equipment rundown as well as some coral shots.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Looks great and +10 to what Chad said ;)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Haha you'd never know it but 90% of chan's rock is already in the above pictures. just messin with ya bud...

Let everyone know how much that potter's set you back too.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, well, sorry for all the suspense guys, I'll post my full tank shot tonight. Don't be upset though, it may be a little underwhelming, haha. Here's the equipment and livestock rundown till I can get home to take pictures.

Lights - 2x 400W 10k Metal Halides

Filtration - Octo Extreme 250, Carbon in a Phosban reactor, 2 Koralia 3 pumps (Simplistic on the filtration)

Fish - Yellowstreak Fairy Wrasse, Melanurus Wrasse, Potters Angelfish, Pair of Doni's black clowns, Yellow Tang

Inverts - Emerald crabs, Tigertail Cucumber, 1 hitchhiker hermit crab (I don't have the heart to pull him out), boat loads of Cerith and NAssarius snails, Commensal Basket star (Lives in one of my leathers), serpent star, Blue Porcelain Crab, Pistol Shrimp, Crocea Clam, Rose Bubble tip anemone, Green Bubble Tip Anemone

Coral - All kinds, really.... Large Green Trach, Sunset montipora, Psammacora, orange Digitata, Pavona, rics, yumas, entirely too many green shrooms, superman shrooms, galaxea, I'm gonna stop cuz this list could go on and on. I'll just get some really cool coral pics tonight. Is that fair?

Anyways, Derrick, espionage is weak, haha. I hope my little ploy has everyone excited :D

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha cammie, what you don't know is my lights are on till 11. Here they are guys...

FTS

Left Stack

Right Stack (Kinda small right now. Need some more rock)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did some rearranging right before taking the pics, so hopefully it looks alright. I'll get some equipment pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Looks great. I like the lay out. Love the clam tower

1 - 20 of 32 Posts