Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about UNCW's CMS closing off their water supply? Reason I'm asking is because I did a water change with their water the other day and found out yesterday they have closed it off. My SPS are wilty and I fear I'm watching a couple of my turbo snails slowly keel over and die. Salinity=1.025, ammonia=0, nitrates=0, nitrates =~0. I'm wondering if there was some other contamination I can't test for. Biting my nails here.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just got a ton of it on sunday for a bunch of tanks. how did they shut it down

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I got a few bucks and a lab guy was filling up a large drum. He said he was going to shut the pumps down after we filled up. They might be doing maintenance on the pumps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe, my friend said they had it "capped off". I haven't been by to check it myself but I've also had someone else tell me they had problems with the water too. So I dunno.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Last time I water changed from there was on Saturday. No major problems yet. Hope it's not shut down. I would highly doubt that it is though. Probably just maintenance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As of Sunday, they have pulled the filtered supply line. The unfiltered side was still through. I will have test results on the water that we got sunday later tonight. (Had to heat it up from 56 degrees)

·
Registered
469 Posts
i went to do a water change this past weekend and there was a guy out there in a white pickup that said a pipe broke underground or something. he said theyd have it fixed monday, of course i went out there monday night and there was no filtered water spicket yet. its been like 2 weeks since i changed my water so i just threw some prime in there and checked my nitrates and im hoping they have it up by this weekend otherwise ill have to buy some from the LFS. my tank seems to be doing just fine

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hope they've got it back up by tomorrow or ill be frequenting LFS as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know the few times I have gone, the true union ball valve was leaking outside the fence. I wish they had a little drop box for comments and tips! I would have gladly bought a new ball valve for them. :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Many of the original people are now gone, I'm glad they have continued to offer this!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts