Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

Collection Trip!

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  scubachick 
#1 ·
Thanks to everyone who came to the meeting last Saturday to help plan our collection trip....It's going to be great! Those of you who could not attend the meeting and any of our fellow CFT members from other areas are welcome to
join the fun.

When: June 26

Time: Meet at the Coastal Science Center promptly at 1:30p.m. to carpool...there is a very small area for parking.

Where: Oyster Recycling Center in Murrells Inlet (If you live down that way and would rather meet us there I can provide directions if needed)

What to bring: Any type of nets you may have, buckets or containers for critters, air stone/pump and car inverter if not battery operated, sunblock and a picnic lunch. I highly recommend some type of water shoes because there are a lot of broken oyster shells on the bottom.

#2 ·
Of course, I am in, and will be able to to carry nets and buckets and soggy clothes if anyone needs to pile stuff in the back of my truck. Looking forward to it.

Have fun this weekend at the June "informal" meeting! ;)

Mike

#10 ·
I would love to come to the collection party, however I will be in Peurto Rico, and will not be able to go. I would like to go on a follow-up trip if you guys set another one up. Good Hunting!!!!

#17 ·
We had a good group and it was a lot of fun! We were able to collect a TON of shrimp, some crabs, feeder fish, look downs, lizard fish and I think someone got a sea robin as well. My fish are slowly working their way through the live shrimp that I put in my sump....they love them! We will definitely be doing it again so maybe those who couldn't come this time can make the next one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.