Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be of benefit to share which supplements [or brands] people are using. I'll start. Perhaps we could have this converted to a poll?

zoa only tank
every other day - aquavitro fuel, will switch to reef plus.

·
Registered
160 Posts
started with 5ml but now up to 10ml each of two lilttle fishies 2 part daily

5-10ml of live phytoplankton
5ml of phyto gold m
5ml of Aquavitro fuel
2.5ml of reef snow
every other day(or wait 2 days inbetween sometimes) at night with skimmer off for 4-7 hours.

I also target feed frozen foods and or marine one sinking pelets

·
Registered
258 Posts
I use Seachem's Reef Advantage Calcium, Reef Builder, Advantage Magnesium, and Reef Plus. Also, Kent Superbuffer occasionally. And I am thinking about Seachem's Iodide.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like we are all using similar products. Looking forward to hearing about how the acropower works out. Has anyone used Zeospur2 or KZ AAHC?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Acetate/Kalk in ATO & LRS reef frenzy fed to fish twice a day. A little bit of BRS two part to keep levels flat. I just don't know enough about supplements to be honest and I don't want to ever start an algae war. Keeping it simple is right at my pay grade. The sps seem to be happy but I am going to look into testing and monitoring K.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Reef fusion for calcium, Kent superbuffer plus for alkalinity. Area 51 phyto like 3 -4 capfulls a night. 1 - 2 capful seachem zoo. Once a week a capful of aquavitro reef fuel amino acid supplement. Guy on instagram @Reefologist just mailed me his coral food named Reef Keef and now i put a pinch of that too its a powder. People seem to swear by the stuff.

Also been having amazing results from target feeding my corals restore with the flow off. Maybe its a coincidence but my acros polyps just starting coming out all the time and a few frags that looked weak really are coming alive.

I overfeed though since i feel algae scrubber spoiled

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don't supplement, don't really have anything against it though.. I've seen beautiful tanks and learned they're only doing water changea with instant ocean reef crystal salt. I would like to get a few frags that are same size.. Try them in couple people's tanks who use supplements, including my own without supplements, to see if there is any huge differences.Similar lighting as well ofcourse.. I have a few growth pics of zoas and an acro I got a few months ago if anyone is curious for comparison...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts