Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else read about Ecotech and AI merging? It looks like they announced the merger this AM . The email stated that "each brand will remain a separate entity." Just curious what everyone else thinks about this "merger".

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Yea I got the email too. I think it was probly a money thing. One buying out the other so both brands can sell. But I dont know.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I dont think things will really change all that much. Id upgrade my lights and pumps if they make a universal wireless controller to do everything, though.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't think there will be any changes in the near future. The tone of the E-mail really took a "we are excited about working together" approach to the merger, so it really makes me wonder about what kind of projects they have lined up. On the business side of it AI and Ecotech really have the higher end US LED market locked up, I just hope that less competition doesn't equate to higher prices.

I dont think things will really change all that much. Id upgrade my lights and pumps if they make a universal wireless controller to do everything, though.
Ecotech has started to progress on the controller side with the ReefLink. I think it would be awesome if they started really pushing a wireless universal type Controller with all the monitoring bells and whistles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts