Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took on the task of cleaning up an algae outbreak. Unfortunately, in the process, there is a lot of debris in the tank and on the substrate. I need to find or rig up some form of sediment vacuum.

I am trying to prevent the loss of my fish and corals. There is a massive amount of debris that needs to get filtered out before I put the rocks and corals back in. I cannot continue to just syphon water and dump it. I need to find a way to rig a pump, send the output through a micro bag and then back into the tank with the debris trapped.

If anyone knows of a product out there that can be bought locally or a way to rig something like this, please help. I am short on time and afraid I will lose my fish and coral.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Could get a filter sock and stick the hose in the end...or even cheaper, wrap a bunch of pillow batting around the end and sausage it up with a piece of panty hose. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could get a filter sock and stick the hose in the end...or even cheaper, wrap a bunch of pillow batting around the end and sausage it up with a piece of panty hose. :)
Thanks for that idea. I will start to try that. Trying everything I can not to lose the fish and coral.

·
Registered
176 Posts
One of the best investments that I have ever made was a HOT Magnum 250 filter,you hook up a gravel cleaning attachment to it,with a diatom filter in it and you can clean to our hearts content,when it gets clogged ,take the diatom cartridge out hit it with a garden hose and put it back in to service,Water can not bypass the cartridge,It has to go through it,Once you are done with it clean the cartridge with bleach..Just my two cents..THE cartridges last for years,and if you want to polish your water ,use the normal intake on it instead of the gravel cleaner

·
Registered
1 Posts
Algae cleaning

I often do cleaning of my aquarium by my own, But some times algae may spread in the tank, so to prevent this to grow in the tank i put an algae eater fish in the tank so that the algae will not grow in the tank and it will stay clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts