Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the move went terribly wrong. The temp dropped too quickly, I was forced to rush the re-setup, and I have lost almost everything. My whole house stinks of dead coral, and my tank looks like a sea of death, almost everything is white, and what is not is on its way out. I don't know what to do. I really am questioning whether or not to restart, as it is right now, I cant even walk into the living room, without getting sick to my stomach (literally) I just want to cry everytime I look at it. I had colonies I had been growing for 3-4 yrs that are just white skeletons. It is hard to even imagine all the effort, time, and money I have dumped in that box of water just to be brought to my knees in a 2 day period. F*** Me!!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Awwww man. That sucks. I would cut the colonies into pieces and save the living tips. Maybe in a year or so you will have more than enough to be back to normal and trade for the ones that didn't make it with all your new frags.

I have a few acro frags I will donate if we could meet up somewhere like TRF. Don't quit. This is just a reason to set the tank back up better than ever!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I aint gonna lie, this has me questioning my build now. That hurt my heart too bud. Damn!

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you decide to set back up, let me know when everything is ready and i will break pieces off the things i bought from you. (Assuming you make it up to Raleigh area). That sucks, though. I'm a believer in paying it forward. You never know when or what you might get back. We are all a freak duke energy outage away from destruction, anyway.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We could start up an "Acros for Anthony" drive? Pay it forward frags seem like good reefing karma to me.
LMFAO

Thank you guys for the warm sympathies, I did loose several colonies, and I have a few more that I don't think will make it, but I was able to salvage a few. It is what it is guys, having everything die is a risk that we all take in this hobby, and keeping everything alive can be a challenge , and that's why I love the hobby so much.

I am not going anywhere, we have all had those days where we want to throw our tanks out the windows I just happened to have a full weekend of it. ut fortunately I think I finally got the tank straightened out, my nems are all opened up and seem to be much happier than they have been, which I take as a good sign.

Keep checking and i'll keep updating, hanks again guys, you all are awesome

·
Registered
290 Posts
Man sucks to hear what happened. Ill be moving soon and the funny thing is that the biggest part that scares me is moving my tank. I still have all the frags i got from you. They show good sign of growth, slow but growth. so later in the future since you moved to Charlotte, i can always take some frags your way.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Sorry to hear about your tank and your corals. I know its heartbreaking to lose corals you've had for years, but I am sure you will have it built back up in no time.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've had a couple of major crashes also, and can feel your pain to loose livestock that you've had for several years.

Of course that's how you can be sure that your crazy, when you loose a tank and set it back up again for more!

If you are coming to Charlotte, let me know. Right now I'm still recovering from the last mishap and most of my stuff is small frags, but I could probably come up with a few nice frags for a good cause.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts