Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Thanks everyone. We were glad to meet and see everyone.

Thanks Grace for helping clear that up.

Trust me everyone I am a stick head at heart and would love and cant wait to bring in more nice sps to the shop. The systems are going strong but I didnt want to load the systems with the more delicate sps for Grand Opening weekend. I am a store owner but I will always be a hobbiest at heart and I promise that we will have some sweet sps before long.

Thank you to everyone who came by and checked out the store. It was definitely the best birthday Ive ever had.

-David

Great store--visited yesterday. Had a gorgeous rock colony of zoas, but I just couldn't fit it into my budget even though it was reasonably priced. Hope to head down again soon--very nice setup.

Gayle

I was there Saturday, too - picked up some snails and crabs and LRS, all on sale. Nice place! I'm especially happy to see that the store's specials page tells you about fish that will need to fed multiple times a day, etc - it's nice to see that kind of info put out there for folks deciding whether to buy one! Thanks, David!

Stopped in yesterday.

They had Longnose Hawkfish on weekly sale. I noticed they were marked NFS in the store. Asked why they were not for sale and was told they were not eating yet and if they are aware of a fish not eating they will not sell.
On another note I also witnessed one of the employees working directly with the customer in regards to a fish's health. From what I could tell a fish that was not even purchased there. The customer left with a sample of garlic soaked mysis and another sample of LRS fish eggs free of charge in hopes of enticing it to eat.

So far I have found exceptional price, quality, selection and support at Fintastic of Wake Co. It is great to see this LFS doing the right things!

I was there yesterday too and looks like it's going to be a great store, with excellent customer service. As they mentioned to me, they are hobbyists first and business owners second and really seem to be concerned about the quality of their livestock. I got 3 blue/green chromis but one didn't make it for some reason. The other two are doing great along with the astrea snails and halloween hermit's I got. Looking forward to another visit soon!

I went yesterday too. They had the four biggest scissor tail dart fish I have ever seen. I came home with one and a little diamond goby who is energetically re landscaping my Cardiff. Should be even more fun to watch when I move them to the 65. The scissor tail is out all day and eats everything. Also saw a very cool looking bright red scooter.

Nice stuff!

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Glad everyone seems to like the new place, because it's going to be my new hang out spot since it's so close to me! :)

Hope to see you all there sometime!

Another example of great customer service: I bought the Seachem Calcium test kit there on opening weekend. After only 2 uses, the titrate bottle leaked all over the place. Instead of being out $35, he called his Seachem rep to get another bottle of the titrate for me.

BTW, if you use API, spend the money and get this kit. It is only slightly more complicated to use, but the ease in seeing the color change (compared to the API) is totally worth it!

Planning to stop by after work today since I'm off at 4 and have to be in Hillsborough at 6. I have a few minutes to kill, and a figured out it is literally 5 minutes from my office. Indeed.

Planning to stop by after work today since I'm off at 4 and have to be in Hillsborough at 6. I have a few minutes to kill, and a figured out it is literally 5 minutes from my office. Indeed.
heh, good luck keeping your visit to just a few minutes.

My wife and I went in last weekend and walked out with a bag full of fantastic coral frags and a new fish. I am very impressed with the selection and overall attitude of the staff. We *might* be going back again this weekend.

I miss having a fish store in Greenville or right close by BUT it does keep me from spending money spontaneously....lol so there is that :).

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.