Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
Called David on Friday evening with a powerhead emergency and he ordered me a new MP10 Quiet drive and had it at the shop yesterday. Rushed the delivery and ended up talking with him and other staff for about an hour.

Thanks for getting that in for me so quickly, can't thank you guys enough...will be purchasing fish shortly once my tank rebounds from lack of water flow for a weekend!

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Was there yesterday and today and yes they have a couple of lawnmower blennies to choose from. They also have just about every kind of fish known to man. lol!

Got some really nice ORA clams in today, those guys aren't messing around when they order live stock.

Thank you all for the kind words and support. I really appreciate it. This has been my dream for a long time now that has finally come true and I got to get a few of my best friends to do it with.

When I lived in south florida building houses and having a LFS on every corner I got spoiled. All the stores were nice and inviting and a place I spent many many hours in but the was my main lfs that was home (Fintastic Aquariums of Jensen Beach) and Carl the owner was the biggest fish and coral guru Ive met. I swore that if I ever had a chance to own a LFS that I wanted to be as nice and inviting as his and hopefully he would want to be a part of it.

When I moved back to NC (my home) and would still go to visit Carl I would always leave with a cooler full of goodies but the goodies would never make it to the tank before my friends were raiding my box of goodies. After talking back and forth with Carl, we decide to open up another Fintastic Aquariums here in the Triangle.

So with Carls help and two other great friends Kevin and Jeff we were able to come up with the capital to start one. It took almost 3years to get the funds but once we thought we had enough we decided it was time. After almost 4 months of build out we were able to open the doors and I hope that we do live up to the inviting atmosphere that I was spoiled with in Florida.

We've had an awesome first 2 weeks and have enjoyed evey minute of it. Getting to meet all the great people in this hobby and make new friends has been awesome. Once again thank you all for all the support and feed back. Weither its good or bad its always nice to see how were doing. If anyone ever needs anything im just a phone call away. 919-436-8325

Thank you
-David

I did go Wednesday afternoon and since I was just passing the time got to chat a bit with both David and Kevin. Had a great time and saw some of the best prices on fish and livestock I have seen in a while. Can't wait to go back and pick up some new critters soon. Nice job guys and a very well thought out store, from the layout to the smart materials choices for the tank panels and the tanks themselves. First rate.

I have taken the wife to most of the fish stores in eastern NC. She has never asked to go back to any but this one. She is planning trips to cary just so we can go by the store now lol. She used to roll her eyes anytime I used to mention Raleigh.

She was picking out more coral than i was. Complete 180 from her always asking if I am done yet.

For sure a great store with amazing prices and even better staff.

Stopped by today for the first time with some friends and kids. Wonderful store setup with fish and frags . Prices are good and staff is friendly and knowledgeable.

Reactions: joereefer
Discussion starter · #49 ·
Stopped by today for the first time with some friends and kids. Wonderful store setup with fish and frags . Prices are good and staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
Think I saw you guys there, great to take your kids, makes it a little harder to focus on everything, but my kids love going too!

They have great livestock. I love this mushroom from one of the the frag tanks.

The photo was taken this afternoon, with shaky hands and the return pumps on. No post processing. It is much more orange in real life.

Phone was a Samsung S7 [default settings] held underwater a couple of inches from the coral. The phone is supposed to be waterproof but I am not sure how it copes with saltwater. Mine is fine so far. If yours break, don't blame me.

If you are from Samsung, consider this advertising worthy of buying that coral for me ;)

Pretty excited, I got a bonded pair of Banggais from Fintastic! Time to try to breed them again. Getting a little 17G rimless tank for coral frags and the banggais. Thanks guys!

Reactions: reeffreak
I got a beautiful little cherub angel and a lawnmower blenny there. They're both doing great, eating well, and no signs of trouble so far (knock on wood). Picked up a hammer frag and some zoas a week ago, and they're doing really well too.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.