Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank: 80 Gallon Deep Blue Shallow (48" long, 24" wide, 16" deep). The overflow is in the corner with one return (return pump is 790 GPH). I am planning on using my MP10 from on the other end, but do not think this will be good enough flow (will mostly have softies and some LPS, no SPS planned for forseeable future). I was thinking that I would either get another MP10 (and make mine wireless), or get MP40 instead but was looking for lower cost alternatives for flow. I do like that the Vortechs don;t add heat and the variety in flow. Besides the cost, I don;t like that you can't point them in any direction.

Thoughts on flow and if any other Depp Blue 80 owners out there want to share what they have done. Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the same tank and I run an MP10 and a WP25 and am very happy with the results. I plan to get another WP 25 with the new controller and remove the MP10.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for pointing out WP25 - Wow looks impressive with less expense. I like the fact it has the light sensor to auto send it to night mode. I never could remeber how to turn my Voirtech into night mode and thus never used it. Did it add any heat to your tank? If you get two of them do they talk to each other to work together?

·
Registered
111 Posts
It didnt add any heat that I can notice. And I believe the new controller that Jebao offers allows them to work in sync and anti sync modes.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I'm with gunny, more are better. I would go with 2 or 3 of anything rather than 1 of the best. I've seen several tanks now with WP's very impressive, but I do like my Vortechs because the low profile and no cords in the tank. My main tank has very little to no salt creep because there's nothing coming out of the tank. Just a little in my sump area.

It dose suck that the Vortech are not directional, but you have to give a little to get a little so to speak.

A 300w should be more than enough for that 80g, what heater is it? I run a Blue Line 250w titanium element on my 125 and have no issues staying at or above 78.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm with gunny, more are better. I would go with 2 or 3 of anything rather than 1 of the best. I've seen several tanks now with WP's very impressive, but I do like my Vortechs because the low profile and no cords in the tank. My main tank has very little to no salt creep because there's nothing coming out of the tank. Just a little in my sump area.

It dose suck that the Vortech are not directional, but you have to give a little to get a little so to speak.

A 300w should be more than enough for that 80g, what heater is it? I run a Blue Line 250w titanium element on my 125 and have no issues staying at or above 78.
It is a brand new Finnex Titanium HMO-300. It says it can handle 80-100G. But also I just read on box it is +-2 degrees to setting. So I will crank it up a few degrees to see how it reacts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts