Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been lurking around the site for a while, and didn't think I had a tank impressive enough to post. I've decided to bite the bullet and put this one out there.

Tank:
Fluval Ebi 7.9 gal

Lighting:
[STRIKE]IM 8w Skyye Light[/STRIKE]
Ecoxotic Panorama Pro (blue/magenta)
Ecoxotic Panorama Pro (12k)
Equipment:
Hydor nano 280
Fluval 206 canister
[STRIKE]Fluval Nano Filter[/STRIKE]

Initial setup:

Added some coral after the cycle

Still a work in progress. Plan on putting in an ATO, getting another led strip and taking off the Skyye light. Building a canopy for it and finding a replacement for that fluval nano filter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Working on the canopy tonight, and painted the back glass black. Once I get my DSLR batteries charged I'll post some new pics.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a couple updates. Finished the canopy and changed up the filter a bit.
Also added an orange ric and acan

The color is off, can't get my dslr to properly white balance.

Next project is to hide filter tube in an overflow box- just gotta cut some teeth in it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, just turned the 12k strip up higher. Still can't decide how blue I want it to be, especially when every lfs I visit has a different color profile running and I like them all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Added a pompom crab and some sexy shrimp. Also got the overflow put in. Will post pics after the acclimation process.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha, I've heard if you have fish in a tank you won't see them out very often. This one is all over the place with his little anemone waving around.

·
Registered
328 Posts
where did you get your pom pom... from the picture does he only have 1 anemone on his claw?.. i guess i got lucky my lil dude has 2

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ahh! So the tank has tons of flatworms- at first I thought they were pods. After pulling a couple out and looking at them under a microscope, they are definitely flatworms. What can I do?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts