Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

Fox Flame growout thread

12K views 88 replies 11 participants last post by  DODGEworm 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys was talking with another member and decided to do a growout of this sweet coral. She is still just a bugger but I'm excited to see how she turns out. Here's mine, and I'm hoping others will chime in too (u kno who u are :taunt: ) ;) I'll try to update this at least once a month :D

10-12-15
Frag is ~5" below water surface.
Lighting is radion gen1 upgraded to gen 3, and 2 24" ati blue+ t5 hanging ~8" above water surface.

*UPDATE*
11/8/15

Some entrusting has started, and the color is starting to come in...

*UPDATE*
12/8/15

About the same, more encrusting and a little more coloration...

*UPDATE*
1/20/16

*UPDATE*
3/2/16

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
#18 · (Edited)
Haha. Just picked it up on Saturday. I'll get a pic soon. Still recovering from the dip.

That was the first and last time I use RPS all out. It killed two ice fire frags. 😡. The flame looks ok just not much color yet.

I guess I'm going to have to break my rule about not taking pics of frags. It's bad luck. If this thing dies on me I'm blaming you guys.

#19 ·
Haha. Just picked it up on Saturday. I'll get a pic soon. Still recovering from the dip.

That was the first and last time I use RPS all out. It killed two ice fire frags. 😡. The flame looks ok just not much color yet.

I guess I'm going to have to break my rule about not taking pics of frags. It's bad luck. If this thing dies on me I'm blaming you guys.[/QUOTEcontent://media/external/file/1286]

Shouldn't blame the RPS for killing the Ice Fires.
In our experience most of the dips have a very bad effect on that particular coral.

#21 ·
Ironically, RPS now has a disclaimer on the bottle not to use it on deepwaters. I have used it on several deepwaters (no ice fires) with no ill effects at all. The original product did not have the disclaimer and I actually thought it was the least harshest of any of the dips Go figure.
bsa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.