Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts
Discussion starter · #66 ·
*UPDATE*

Encrusting has covered the plug, initial branch has grown a little and now is showing signs of nubs :D

Unfortunatley I have lost some color, I believe it is placed too high (~5" below the water surface) Jason told me high light, but I think this is too much. Will be moving it to mid level over the weekend and hope to see color return.

Sorry for the crappy Pic

Mine lost color too..

On R2R there was a placement thread and alot of people came to the conclusion it needs lower light in the mid to upper 200s.

I have mine on one of these single frag rocks and I moved it into a shaded area.

lilbuddha - how long does it take to cover 100% of the plug for a fresh frag?

Sorry . I pop in and out of this forum . Not an everyday thing .
I think Anthony is right . If u look at the start of the thread u can see my pic's n get a general idea . I have lowered my frag last week to try to get it to grow upwards now . It sits on the opposite side of a MP40 cranked up to 70 % maybe a lil lower than the Vortech .
I only have a IM 40 Fusion Tank . HTH

Mine was getting too much light (even on the bottom directly under the T5s) and I moved it into a shaded area... It gets like 300 par for 3 hours a day and then 200 par under 6 blue + the rest of the day.

The plug is encrusted and the coral is still spreading. Not alot of visible growth but I am seeing alot of yellow coming in on the piece so I am assuming perhaps those areas will start to grow outward soon?

Here is an update on mine. I put it in my frag rack the day I got it behind a big tort colony and kind of forgot about it. When I went to move ot to take the picture it had already started to encrust on the egg crate! You can see the pieces sticking off on the top down pic. It has really not done well in color tho at all a brown turd atm...

Looks good Jimmy . Did it come in looking that way ? I know mine did something similar then shifted to a bluish color n then went green to red . So it may very well be normal for this coral . I know when I got mine it had yellow tips n was brown . Not red HTH

Looks good Jimmy . Did it come in looking that way ? I know mine did something similar then shifted to a bluish color n then went green to red . So it may very well be normal for this coral . I know when I got mine it had yellow tips n was brown . Not red HTH
It came in about the same color. It did have a hint of the flame at the tip but barely. There is a pic earlier that showed it. Hoping it is just getting adjusted to my tank and eventually gets better.

Discussion starter · #75 ·
Update*

So the key word here is changes lol. I have recently made some changes to my lighting schedule, and settings. I also moved the frag down another 6-8" I now have it @ approx 1/4 up. I believe it's still getting too much light. While it has colored up some, it's far from that intense red it's supposed to be. I may have to move it again, but I am going to give it another month under these new conditions to see how she does first.

On the bright side, she is starting to sprout :D

I think you guys are doing better than I am.

Growth kind-of sucks. Color is getting better. Took this under 6x blue+ / 2x reefbrite with T3I, no filters or editting.

Mine is usually pushed back against the rock directly behind it and gets some shading there from the acros above it.

I suppose actually looking back at my last pic the nubs on the side are starting to become more pronounced so maybe it will sprout out this month.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.