Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a hollywood stunner that's growing like crazy and starting to shade some of my tank, I've never fragged anything before and was wondering do I just need to break a piece off as needed? Thanks for the input

·
Registered
151 Posts
The only way I know how to do those is to cut the rock they are attached to or either put a plug right next to them and once it spreads onto the plug move it away and grow it out.

·
Registered
832 Posts
It's best to frag palys/zoas with gloves. They produce toxins when cut that are harmful to different people at different concentrations. Some people are really sensitive.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm going to add to saltman's response. Wear glasses. I visited a guy in Wilmington that was fragging zoas/paly's and he got squirted in the eye. Left him with a swelled up face, and a doctor's bill for special antibiotics :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's best to frag palys/zoas with gloves. They produce toxins when cut that are harmful to different people at different concentrations. Some people are really sensitive.
YES!!! I for one an quite sensative. I had a cut on my nail bed and ended up with red streaks running up my arm. Urgent Care and loads of antibiotics were involved. Be very cautious , may seem silly but we all know... better safe than sorry. Plus you wouldn't believe the looks you get from a nurse when you explain what happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts