Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 wild caught bichirs Im looking to find a new home for. These are hard to get around here, especially for what Im asking for them.

2 Polypterus ornatipinnis (Ornate Bichirs) and 2 Polypterus delhezi (Delhezi Bichirs). They are from the Congo river, purchased from Toyin @ Rehoboth Aquatics. He is an exclusive importer of oddball fish such as these from Africa.

They are flawlessly beautiful and all around 7-8 inches. The ornates will max out around 12-16 inches and the delhezis around 12 inches.

They can be kept with most anything that is not small enough to fit in their mouths or not big enough to eat them. Ive seen them kept with everything from goldfish & discus to the most aggressive cichlids out there. Their scales are like armor.

They are docile, slow and lazy fish and appreciate lower light tanks. Not to say they cant live in a bright tank, they just seem to be more active when its not like the sun is 4 feet away from the tank.

They eat cichlid pellets and frozen krill and appreciate good water quality (I do 50% water changes weekly).

Im asking $30 a piece or $100 for all 4.

Id prefer to sell them all together as they have grown up together and are a cool little group of fish together.

Let me know if you have any questions or are interested in coming by and picking them up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If someone is interested in these, isnt already overstocked in their tank and can get them before Thursday, Ill give them to you. I might keep one and put it in my big tank though.

I need to make room for some fry I have coming in...so let me know if anyones interested!

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.