Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dont know if this is the place to put this, so Mods please move if it isnt.

Im bringing my F1 Amphilophus Festae (Red Terrors) fry down to Fish World Aquarium in Southport today if anyone is looking for some. They are from a Wild Caught pair Ive had for a while and finally spawned. Fry are about 3 months old and 1/4 - 1/2 an inch. They are listed as extremely aggressive, but are slow growers so you should be fine in a community for at least a year if not 3, unless of course, you keep them with other aggressive Central/ South American Cichlids, then theyll be fine for life.

I dont know what Shawn will be selling them for, but they will be there. Heres a pic from a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Of the adults which one is the male and which one is the female ( I am assuming the male is the smaller one and more colorful). You may have already told me this before in another post but i can't seem to keep it all straight. Still learning all the freshwater stuff. I also know I have said this before in some other threads but dang those are some HOT fish. What are the type of aggressive fish you can keep them with for life?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
and really, the male is just as colorful half the time. He gets a bright gold. Here he is, a mad momma trying to bite me through the glass and one of his ex's that he killed.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Very pretty. WOW he killed his mate?? I guess he got tired of her and tried kicking her to the curb..... Very nice CFTarheel. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

He killed 3 of them before he took a liking to the current one he finally spawned with. Then when they spawned, they killed over 10 of their other tank mates in one night when I was asleep. Everything was fine until I took out the tank boss, then chaos ensued.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Damn, i wish i was closer!!! :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well if you like them, id say plan a trip to the shop in southport before or right after Christmas and they should be about an inch or so by then and possibly ready to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts