Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Tony. Welcome to the forum. I started to construct this forum on March 2006. The purpose of this forum is to have a place for all the Carolina people to be able to get together and talk about their lovely fish tank(s) and share their experiences.

I am not an expert, I am just a fish lover. A lot of information I have collected are not my personal experience, they are mostly collected on the internet. If you see anything not appropriate or incorrect information, please PM me.

Below is a little information about myself and my fish tanks.
Currently I have 3 tanks, 55gallon, 10gallon and a 2.5gallon. I have pictures posted at the "show off" gallery

55 gallon -
1 Tinfoil barb. (Used to be 2, 1 died)
2 Silver dollars
1 Pleco

10 gallon -
2 Columbian Sharks
1 Silver Arowana
1 Pleco

2.5 gallon -
Guppies and snails (This is where I keep food for my arowana)

Please create a new topic when you introduce yourself, that makes everything easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wassup, Tom here.

Right now only 2 tanks up.

30G Coral tank (just started)
2 engineer goby
1 dot back
1 pec. clown
xenia
colt coral
mushroom rock
anenome

5G in bathroom
1 angel

Formal tanks
195G aggressive tank
1 HUGE Vol. Lion Fish, Stripped Grouper, Panther grouper, Foxface
55G coral tank
some othere fishes from the past: few arowanas and pahranas.

Nice site btw...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wassup, Tom here.

Right now only 2 tanks up.

30G Coral tank (just started)
2 engineer goby
1 dot back
1 pec. clown
xenia
colt coral
mushroom rock
anenome

5G in bathroom
1 angel

Formal tanks
195G aggressive tank
1 HUGE Vol. Lion Fish, Stripped Grouper, Panther grouper, Foxface
55G coral tank
some othere fishes from the past: few arowanas and pahranas.

Nice site btw...
LOL, you got a tank in the bathroom? Do you have any picture of your formal tanks? I would really love to see that 195G tank.

G

·
New to Fish Talk

Saw the post on Craigslist. Now misery has company!!! No really, I don't know know how I've gone from a 29 gallon, to a 50 gallon, and soon to upgrade to a 75 gallon tank. All within 2 years?

I have a 50 gallon tank with african cichlids:
6.5” Male Yellow Labidochromis Caeruleus
7” Female Red Fin Borleyi
6” Male Sunshine Peacock
3.5” Male Neolamprologus Leleupi
6.5” Male Frontosia
7.5” Male Cobalt Zebra
7.5” Male Mimbochromis Livingstroni
5.5” Haplochromis
3" Synodontis Catfish

I maintain a 1.5 gallon eclipse system at my fiancee's office with:
leopard cory
albino cory
inbreed gold swordtail
baby gold severum

I maintain my old 29 gallon south american cichlid tank in my fiancee's home with:
4.5" Male Convict
nine 1" convict offsprings
5" Female Green Terror
4" Jack Dempsy (think it's a mutt from Petsmart)
three 2-3" gourami's
two 3" clown loaches
three 1.5" blackfin tetra's (somehow they don't get picked on)

Still, after all I've spent, I want more! I'll send some pics. I also have some stuff to sell and always interested in bartering items. Glad to be aboard the forum.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pharmboy -

Welcome abroad.

I started with
fish bowl with beta
fish bowl with goldfish
2.5 gallon with tetra
10 gallon with guppies
50 gallon with silver dollar and barb
now I am looking for a 150 gallon and ready to put arowana in there.

Not to mention this site....lol

Fish keeping is a great hobby, can't resist~~~~

·
Registered
594 Posts
Saw this post on Craig's list also. My name is Huy.
My tanks:
55 gallon
4 fancy goldfish
various tetra
1 gourami
1 big silver dollar
30 gallon
3 discus
1 angelfish
10 gallon
a pair of breeding convicts.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yet Another CLer here...

75g
2 x Green Terrors
2 x Managuense..... :twisted:

37g - (Manguense Treats)
4x Convicts
2x Firemouths
2 x Severums

30g - Planted
4x Emperor Tetras
8x Neon Tetra

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hey everyone,

Cool site. I'm in the Raleigh Aquarium Society and have been trying to convince folks that we needed to create one of these forums. Right now we just have our Yahoo group and our regular website. One of our members just posted a message about this, so don't be surprised if a lot of RAS people join in. If any of you want to join our Yahoo group as well, you are more than welcome to. It is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/raleighaquariumsociety/

Anyway, I'm in the process of completing my dream aquarium room. All the tanks mentioned in my signature will be in there. I have a lot of other tanks as well, but that is subject to change. I may be turning a side room of my garage into a breeding and quarantining room for my fish and for some of my customers of my new aquarium maintenance business. If anyone wants to check out my progress of my aquarium room, check out this thread on Reef Central:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7052696#post7052696

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brandon, welcome abroad.

I sent an email to the Raleigh Aquarium Society yesterday to request for my site to get listed on their webpage. In fact, I would love to have you guys use my forum as your main communication method.

I will go ahead and check out the yahoo group and introduce myself.

again, welcome abroad

G

·
user list

Hello small fry.
When i had time i had over 1,000 gallons of fish tanks. Before kids.
still got way too many tanks holding water and too few fish. From 5 gal to 2 125 gallons. If i can ever find time... I want to get some going in better shape, have been keeping water in them to not dry out.

Good luck to all.......
and screw Raleigh water.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all.

Really like your forum.
I have a 55 gallon with von rio tetras, zebra pleco, golden wonder kilifish, honey sunset gourmais, some liverbearers (peppermint platys, gold tux platy, white mickey mouse platys), couple of long fin zebra danios and two blue mystery snails.

29 gallon salt with nassa snails, blue legged crabs, peppermint shrimp, two green chromis and a black percula clown (just added him yesterday).

Really wanting a 75 next.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Hi all.

fishgirl said:
Really like your forum.
I have a 55 gallon with von rio tetras, zebra pleco, golden wonder kilifish, honey sunset gourmais, some liverbearers (peppermint platys, gold tux platy, white mickey mouse platys), couple of long fin zebra danios and two blue mystery snails.

29 gallon salt with nassa snails, blue legged crabs, peppermint shrimp, two green chromis and a black percula clown (just added him yesterday).

Really wanting a 75 next.
Take some pictures and show it off :D

welcome abroad

·
Registered
118 Posts
I found this message board on craiglist and dropping in for a visit.

I don't have my aquarium set up yet but I plan to by Mother's Day weekend.

So far I have a 50 gal 36 x 18 and a stand and Odysea Power Compact
lights (192watt w/ lunar light) a cheap set from ebay.
I also ebay'd an over flow skimmer/prefilter so next on this list is
a DYI sump system and of course I need to shop around for a quality skimmer.

I'm planning a reef tank w/ soft corals.

I'll post the trials and tribulations as I overcome them.

cheers

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aquahubby said:
I found this message board on craiglist and dropping in for a visit.

I don't have my aquarium set up yet but I plan to by Mother's Day weekend.

So far I have a 50 gal 36 x 18 and a stand and Odysea Power Compact
lights (192watt w/ lunar light) a cheap set from ebay.
I also ebay'd an over flow skimmer/prefilter so next on this list is
a DYI sump system and of course I need to shop around for a quality skimmer.

I'm planning a reef tank w/ soft corals.

I'll post the trials and tribulationsas I overcome them.

cheers
It will be awesome if you can post your tank set up process steps and pictures in the salt water forum. keep us up to dated. I also really need to give that section a good kick start.

aquahubby welcome to the board
:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone, I am chris. Don't have much in the way of fish, have an African Kribensis, and 2 silver dollars for now. 28 gallon tank with live plants that are growing nicely. Tank needs a good cleaning but livens up the living room anyway.

The Krib just wont leave the silver dollars alone, it goes on all day.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Chad Weisbrodt. I found out about this forum through the RAS mail list. I,ve been keeping fish off and on since childhood, but never got seriously involved until about a year ago. I currently own:

~1x 29g Fully planted with 1 wild strain Angel, Pearl Gouramis (2), a small school of H. Rasboras (6), Bronze Corys (3), Ottos (5), 1 SAE, 1 common Pleco, Amano Shrimp (3), and a few trumpet snails digging around here and there. (80watts and co2)

~1x 20g Reef tank still in the making w/ asst. Snails, Hermit Crabs, LR w/ some zoos and a Yellowtail Damsel. I'm giving the tank time to cycle for 2-3 months before adding more livestock. It's a real lesson in patience.

~2x 10g Planted Livebearer tanks in the making. They each have a pair of Paradise fish in them for now, 1 Blue pair and 1 Albino pair.

Right now I can't comfortably fill my apartment with anymore tanks. But I'm getting married this summer, and therefore also shopping for a house to better acomodate our needs. That means more room for more tanks, and I have plenty of ideas waiting to come to life.

Oh yeah, and 1 Betta that wishes it was back in the 29g. Oh it was so funny watching him try to intimidate a 6" pleco that could care less.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
To Ax

Hey Chad,
A little ironic that I too am getting married soon and plan on moving to a new house. What's more funny is that after we settle down, I plan on setting up a large 120-200 gallon african cichlid tank too. I currently have a 50 gallon cichlid tank (in the aquarium pics section). Keep me informed on what/where you get your setup and I'll do the same. By the way, I attempted to join RAS online, but never got a confirmation or even a reply. What gives? Do I have to be blonde & blue eyed or need to know somebody. Maybe a secret handshake? :?:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: To Ax

I am not getting married, but I am looking to get a house and get a 150gal tank. Looks like a lot of us got the same goal at this moment.

PharmBoy, I saw your ID in the yahoo group for RAS, I thought you are already a member there..??? Mabye ask Brandon Berry, I think he is one of the moderator for that yahoo group.

Tony T

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Pharmboy,
RAS initially refused my membership thinking that I was a spammer. I had to then write to them explaining my interests in the hobby and reasons for want to join. Sounds like the round-about way to get it, but I'm glad I did. Anywho, first things first, we've got to focus on finding that house. Congrats by the way!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.