Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who went to the herp show this weekend in Raleigh? It was amazing for those that didn't go. If you picked up something new, lets see it! I'll start, this is my new Uromastyx.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No other herp fans out there? I'm just curious as to what everyone else has as far as reptiles. I'll get some pics up of some of my other lizards, too. If you keep reptiles, what do ya have? I know I can't be the only one on here...

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Wow, that's cool. I didn't even know you could get an Uromastyx. I always wanted one of them when I was a kid. Those are the reptiles that aren't technically a lizard, right? I'm curious, what exactly makes it "not" a lizard? It looks like a lizard to me. I bet that wasn't cheap. I went to the show a couple years ago. There was definitely some cool stuff there then. I bet a lot of people there were talking about that non-native wildlife bill that just got defeated.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Fish > Reptile

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I went! Had to get some breeders from my dubia colony:)
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with the expos, though, because there's always people walking around buying animals that they clearly have no intention of caring for.

We actually ran into my nextdoor neighbor who was about to buy a beardie, until i told her that it cost me $150/month to feed mine.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
It cost me $150/month to feed mine.
WHAT? Costs me about $3 a month to feed mine.

I go to harris teeter and grab a leaf off every green leafy type of veggie (kale, lettuce, bok choy, mustard greens, collard greens, etc). Ring it up as bulk kale @ $.99/lb, it costs SEVEN CENTS for the bag. I feed him a salad from this bag daily, and give him 10 lg crickets once a week as well.

·
Registered
886 Posts
yeah, for $150 a month you better be feeding him crickets and veggies dipped in gold. I picked up 4 pumilio, no pics yet. I'm guess you bought the dubia from daves friend at carolina classic dragons? I heard he sold a lot of them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts