Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

How did you find www.CarolinaFishTalk.com

• www.craigslist.com - Thank you craigslist!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Link from another website (The websites I did link exchange with)

• Email invitation from site admin.

• Search engine - Please let us know which one and what keyword did you use

• I was told by someone else.

• Others

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you probably found this site on craigslist.com....LOL, what a cheap way to advertise a site.

Anyways, I have been spending a lot of time on topic "search engine optimizing" and after countless hours of reading and implementation, I finally got my site indexed by google.com, msn.com and yahoo.com.

The result is not as well as I expected. If you put in "CarolinaFishTalk" in any of the search engines, my site will show up along with bunch of the post I created on craigslist.
However, if you put in "Carolina Aquarium Forum" my site will show up on yahoo at page2, but it will not show up on google or msn due to the fact that my site is not popular (not high enough page ranking). It is probably somewhere at the very bottom of the search engine.

That's something I am still working on, a buddy of mine used to be a search engine optimizer. We will try to work it out to see if we can get this site to appear on page 1 of every search engine. (A little impossible, but we will try)

Anyways, let's get to the point. I am really curious on how everyone found us. Below is the poll, I listed out all the possible way for people to find us. Please feel free to voice your opinion. Also, if you found us on search engine, please tell us what keyword did you put in for your search. Hopefully I will find a way to get this site to appear on the top and get more members to join. Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
found this site thru craiglist myself.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
CL Rave

Hey, if it wasn't for Craigslist, I'd be stuck on eBay. I love the fact CL is free (unlike ebay) and it has regional listings. I found that after eBay altered their search system, it's a lot harder to browse through nearby towns, just distance from zips. There was a program about how Craig started craigslist a couple of weeks ago on Dateline or something like. His story is something similar to that of two geeks who developed a little search engine called "Google." I wish I could think of something novel....

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I learned abouit your forum from a post on the Raleigh Aquarium Society yahoo group. The guy that posted it there found you on Craigs List. --Gerald

1 - 4 of 4 Posts