Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 15 years of cobbling stuff together, I finally went the "out of the box" route with a 28-gal JBJ Nanocube. I bought a Tunze Nano DOC 9002 skimmer, which is even recommended for the nanocube on JBJ's website. Reality hit as I tried to put the two together. Not possible, without sawing the magnetic mounting off the Tunze or taking out one of the plexiglass dividers between chamber 1 and the other chambers on the nanocube. I need advice on the best way to make this work, preferably without voiding any warranties. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Dunno. Still piecing junk together with tanks older than me :) Hopefully someone will be along shortly.

·
Registered
197 Posts
9002 Mod

I cut the magnet off my 9002 to get it in my Solana.

Works good and was not too hard to do

Jon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Magnet did come off fairly easily. It looks like there's a "skinny" cup available that fits the nanocube better. Any suggestions for where to put mechanical filtration & carbon, now that the skimmer is where those used to be?

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Sorry, just catching this thread. Pull out any sponges in the other chambers, replace with rubble Live Rock & throw some Chemi-Pure or Purigen bags on top in those chambers and you will have a happy tank. :)

BTW, welcome aboard Rochelle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts