Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a Foxface that recently developed some black spots on him. I'm pretty sure it's ich, which really sucks b/c of my other fish I have in the tank. There's no easy way for me to get him out other than removing EVERYTHING out of the tank (6' 150G / 180lbs LR + Corals). He is still swimming around acting fine, eating well. I haven't seen him rubbing against any of the rocks or paying any visits to the cleaner shrimp. Have had him for over a year, never had any problems with him (other than accidentally killing my Flame Angel) I recently set this tank up (over a month ago) and moved all the fish over to it. All other fish seem to be doing just fine.

Comments? Suggestions?

Pics attached.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Copy and paste out of photobucket. If it is black spots it is most likely not Ich. Ich is white spots normally. That sounds like some type of bacterial infection.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you believe this is black ich? Do you handle it the same as 'normal' ich? Is it worse?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If reinfection is imminent as the article says even after a formalin bath, maybe use Praziquentel in your tank tank as long as you dont have any feather dusters or are culturing worms of any type intentionally. I've never had it affect any coral from softies to lps and sps. I haven't confirmed this treatment for this exact disease, but sounds like it SHOULD work. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts