Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was lucky enough to pick me up a 150 gallon :excited:
Here is the pic that was listed when I bought it. I'm going to make a fish only tank.:excited:

·
Registered
643 Posts
If so could you do like a euro brace???

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's correct Pee-Wee
But I'm putting a new top on first and foremost I got it at a good deal so I could do that.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
That's correct Pee-Wee
But I'm putting a new top on first and foremost I got it at a good deal so I could do that.
Sweet, it's always nice when you get a good deal on something, what's your plans for stocking it? Be sure to keep us updated with pics of the build

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Did you actually find a place to buy that rim?! When I sold my 180, the braces were a bit melted (4 400 watt halides will do that!) and so they were brittle. I sold it, price accordingly.... and the buyer had planned on doing exactly what you said.. replacing the rim. He never could get one. Please don't put water in it til you do!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Once you fix the frame,you are in business,,,,,I did a 150 tank many years ago,for a friend of mine,He said Blow my mind..I did a 3 section sump,as in a sump in three pieces with bulkheads and unions between them,to link them together,first section was mechanical and chemical filtering,skimming,and heating,the second was refugium,the third was ato,and return which was behind the tank.They were made like that so if you wanted to clean one or if you had any problems with one you could take it out...The background was painted dynamic blue,fine araganite substrate,I made a pvc structure to resemble a ship wreck,when I was done using live rock and base rock,with the help of plastic and nylon rods and epoxy,It look like a ship wreck,and when the coraline algae grew on it along with star polyps,and assorted mushrooms,people use to stand out in his front yard and watch the tank,,It had a group of 7 yellow tangs and 10 blue damsels,various snails,a turf mower blenny..Lighting was heavy in the blue,not toilet bowl,more disco tech..It made everything in the tank pop.....One of the funniest things that I have ever seen in my life,one night I go over to my friends house,and park my car by the curb by his house,as I am getting out of the car,I look at the bay window that is in front of the tank "The tank is on the opposite side of the room" and I see Hannibal and Solomen two huge great danes that are my friends pets,they had their rear ends resting on the edge of the couch,that is in front of the window,that I am looking at,,I could see the nuclear blue glow of the lights coming from the tank,and the outline of the shape of their heads through the window,My friend met me at the curb,and I started laughing,he said "What is so funny" I told him "Look vampires" as I pointed at the window..He looks and starts to laugh,,,The dogs that were sitting on the edge of the couch had had their ears cropped,so when you saw their outline it looked like there was two vampires from the old black and white movies sitting down and watching a fish tank .....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To drill or not to drill that is the question

Should i try to drill it or run an overflow box?????
The bottom is tempered so it will have to be back drilled.:not sure:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts