Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a good set of LED's to set up over a 72g bf. I have a hard time trying to visualize or determine what an LED would cover due to smaller size but higher output.

Currently I have 2 of BeamsWork HI LUMEN LED Light Fixture 3W Quad Power 48" (TR) Really don't care for them and will probably end up over the sump. It was kind of a rash decision when trying to gather supplies / equipment to get started and keep the costs down.

While I do not house corals at the moment, (tank hasn't been up very long) I would like to have the ability in the future so I would be looking for a good unit with deep penetration and coverage for a 4 foot tank.

Any thoughts on the 32'' Evergrow Programmable Full Spectrum IT2080? It's probably more than I want to spend but I do like the programmable aspect of it and the variety of options. There are so many different manufacturers / chinese models that it's hard to tell what's quality and what's not.

Any suggestions on a relatively low to moderate cost unit for that tank dimension? I don't mind if it's a chinese or knock off brand as long as it has the same parameters / capabilties of a solid unit.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Your cheapest option will probably be a kit from DIY LEDs. The two biggies will with LEDs Are optics and wattage, the higher the wattage the deeper it will penetrate and the optics determine spread. Most manufactures rate their lights as to how deep and how much area they cover.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts