Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what the forum etiquette is about posting stores and places, but it would be nice to know a list of places in the triangle for aquarium supplies and fish. It would be nice to goto a nonchain pet store for variation and support of independant shops, too.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Aside from the ones mentioned, Down Under and Aquatica, in Garner are great stores. I hear that Aquaescape, in Raleigh is good, but I haven't been there. Infinity Pets, in Youngsville is my favorite store for freshwater. Ken Fowlston, who runs it, is a long time member of the Raleigh Aquarium Society. He can get in most any rare fish you want, and keeps a lot of really nice stuff fish in stock that other stores don't carry. Triangle Tropical Fish, in Durham, has some cool stuff sometimes too. I know ther is probably more, but I can't think of them right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aqua Escape

I was just invited to join this forum as a fish store owner so I did. I look forward to being apart of this forum and lend our advise when needed. Aqua Escape in Downtown Raleigh is under new ownership as of 4 months ago and has been through a lot of changes! I want to invite everyone back in to see the new store althoug we are still making changes. Very competitive pricing as well as quality product. Find out more at the website. http://www.aqua-escape.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Theres Aquamain's and thats about it. They have a huge selection but from time to time I question the quality of the fish and their water. Personally its a bit overprice, but when you're the only true fish shop, you can ask a little more. Any from Winston Salem? K-Ville?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I lived in Greensboro a few years ago and there were a few decent stores frm what I remember. Aquamains was definitely the biggest. There was also Petland, at Friendly Shopping Center. I think they had some stuff, but not a lot. There was also a pretty cool store that specialized in just Marine stuff. Just found this on Anywho: Marine Ecosystems, 604 South Elam Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27403. Not sure if they are still arund or not. In Kernersville, there is the Aquarium Center, which is really nice. It is only about 1/2 mile off of Bus. I-40 from what I remember. If anyone makes it to Charlotte, Fintastic is really nice.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Chris at Aqua Escape in Downtown Raleigh has been great helping me with my SW tank over the last 2 months.

·
Registered
111 Posts
RAS list of NC and surrounding area Aquarium shops

We have a very extensive list of aquarium shops that we've created for a mailing list to mail flyers to in order to advertise our annual workshop and auction. You can find it in the database section of our yahoo group. Here is a direct link.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/raleighaquariumsociety/database?method=reportRows&tbl=3

Subjectively speaking as a freshwater person in Chapel Hill, my two favorite stores are Triangle Tropical Fish in north Durham and Fish Pros in Raleigh. They have a great selection of fish, plants and equipment and have a lot of knowledge and experience to share.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Re: RAS list of NC and surrounding area Aquarium shops

derekparr said:
We have a very extensive list of aquarium shops that we've created for a mailing list to mail flyers to in order to advertise our annual workshop and auction. You can find it in the database section of our yahoo group. Here is a direct link.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/raleighaquariumsociety/database?method=reportRows&tbl=3

Subjectively speaking as a freshwater person in Chapel Hill, my two favorite stores are Triangle Tropical Fish in north Durham and Fish Pros in Raleigh. They have a great selection of fish, plants and equipment and have a lot of knowledge and experience to share.
I actually got most of the fish shops I have on this website from the yahoo group. Some members and I examed that list, validated and added a few missing ones in there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
awesome! that list was a big mess before... alot of missing zip codes... bad addresses.. etc etc. It was alot of work to get it in reasonable order in time to do our mailing. I really apreciate your help with it. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts