Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Swung by home depot today and got the wood to throw the stand/canopy together. Here's some pics of that process - still need to paint it.

(pay no attention to the 6' lobster - was given to me because of the forum name...)

Spent $5.69 on the wood. The lights were gutted out of a 24g nanocube a while ago, listed them for sale before this contest started up at $40... nobody bought them so I guess I bought them from myself.

Total so far: $45.69.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Nice start!

I like the clean, simple look of the stand, especially where you plugged the screw holes. Is that walnut plugs?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no those are the heads of the screws lol. I'm no master craftsman like you, but I can slap some 2x2s and plywood together.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This is going to be a nice one to see come to life, looking good...

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
no those are the heads of the screws lol. I'm no master craftsman like you, but I can slap some 2x2s and plywood together.

Lol, some master craftsman, I can't even tell a screw head from a walnut plug :Thumbs up:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to have some sand, LR, and a powerhead. Thats it for filtration.

Keep going back and forth on livestock but currently thinking a shrimp goby/pistol pair and a helfrichi firefish. Some cool inverts like a pompom crab or something, and some zoanthids, mushrooms, etc. Those bulbs in the fixture are real old and I'm gonna try and not replace them haha.

·
Registered
181 Posts
looks awesome mike i cant wait to see the final product im sure it will b great!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The tank's gonna be awesome, Mike, but I still like the lobster!

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Well poop!!!! lol cant you fix the leak?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts