Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i'm a nube on this site and a nube to reef keeping. I have one live rock with some polyops, 2 without, one engineer goby and a small hermit crab in my 10g Nano reef. Power head and 10g diy sump with acrylic baffles and live sand. Slowly over the past 6 months i've been coming up in this hobby. Now I am in need of macro for my sumb. I got hair algae on my live rocks. I don't really have room for a tang to eat the stuff, but i know if i get macro algae in my sump, it will suck up some of the nutrients that is feeding the hair algae. Right now I don't have much $ for my hobby, and i would appreciate any help y'all offer. I live in Jacksonville and work 1 day a week in Wilmington if that helps. I am also willing to pay for shipping, as long as you don't want paypal (they haven't got my address right yet, and its annoying me because i can't shop online) Thanks again!:pray:

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I'm going to be going out Kayaking this week and will be looking for some Ulva (Sea Lettuce) for Kim (Critter Heaven). When I'm looking for I can pick you up some different Macros for your tank. You'd be surprised at what we have around here. I'll let you know if and when I find something.

Do you have lights on your sump/fuge?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a strip light that was used on a 5g tank, its pretty bright blue, not sure what the rating is, got it for free when i picked up the used 10g tank that i used for my sump/fuge. Its a 12"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i got curious, i went and looked on the light...
All glass, 12" Fluorescent 120 Volt, 20 Watt, 60 hz
is that good enough?

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
Stay away from the grape calupera Racemosa species particular IMO It can be quite invasive, that is just my 2 cents. There are many great calupera species out there though to put in the fuge. Cheato is a great start and Josh gets some great local stuff to.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Dont go for the feather species either, it will take over even faster than the grape! Chaeto is good and so is ulva, help you build up some pods too.

Thanks Josh for still keeping the ulva on the list!!

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Not yet, Josh was not able to find any last time he was coming to Raleigh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.