Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts
Hey Grennan, I think it will happen.

FWIW, the DC area (WAMAS) is trying to bring it back to DC for 2015. It is a massive amount of behind the scenes work, but well worth it once it is all put together. Do it!
I just transplanted to DC from NC, and yes we (WAMAS) are working on a proposal to bring the event to the area.

Aside from hobbyist interest there are a number of considerations to look at such as, adequate hotel accommodations near the event site, an event center that will allow a large number of boxes of water to be set up, non-hobby tourist options in proximity to the event center.

Also, you will need to show a large number of committed volunteers who will actually run the event.

Unfortunately the discussion threads around the MACNA bid are open only to paid members of WAMAS, but if CFT members have any specific questions I would be glad to get one of the WAMAS officers to come here and offer advice.

If it is held in either area I would be stoked to attend!

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.