Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here is a bump of all bumps, but after looking through tons of other threads, I to the absolute oldest one in this section, and it's the one I've been looking for. I'm thinking of doing a 55gal brackish, but really wanted a planted tank. This article has a ton of info about seagrass. Now I just need to figure out where to buy, or if I can snorkel and find some. Wish I could just use spartina, but it gets too tall. Thanks CA.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Holy smoke lol. That is an old post

·
Registered
964 Posts
love the bottom plant, where can you buy some of these plants. May want to go in on some if you are planning on getting some.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I haven't looked for them for sale much, but a month or so ago I bookmarked this page:
Marine Plants: Saltwater Plants, Aquarium Marine Algae and Turtle Grass

I was considering ordering, but wow the shipping is expensive. I saw that there is a lecture day on sea grasses is coming up where I work, and I may try to arrange to go on that field day and see about what is local and what I can collect on my own. The articles linked above mention North Carolina, so we should have some. If I get to go, I'll post back here what I find out, and if I can start collecting, maybe do a collection day with the crystal coast group or something.

I was thinking about making it some kind of tidal setup, because the article mentions some need a good flow rate I think. Then I saw this posted tonight:
Vortech MP60 caught on Video
Got to thinking about setting something like that up for an ebb and flow, then the guy said the price, and I coughed a few times. It looks awesome, but not at that price.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great setup wes!
Can you give us an update, and would really like to see some new pics to see how the plants have filled in over the 2 months. And thanks for the link to the shop you bought from. Will be checking them out as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts