Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a ton of people play games, and a ton of people don't....but I figured I'd post on here to see if any of you played MINECRAFT. Heck, even if your kids play it. I have been running a Minecraft server for about 3 years now, and we are still kickin! If you tell me in-game that you are from CFT, I will give you BONUS ITEMS!

Check us out if you are a nerd and love Minecraft!

Tragic Survival is a classic PVE survival which prides itself on the survival and teamwork aspect of Minecraft. Although we have the Factions plugin, for land protection only, PVP is ultimately turned OFF on our server. We have numerous plugins, which will be listed below, a wonderful staff that has been with us for over a year now, and a great multitude of regulars that keep the server thriving.

Server IP: tragicsurvival.servegame.com
NOT WHITELISTED!

NOT WHITELISTED!

Minecraft is known for its vast library of available plugins, but at Tragic Survival...we rely on only the most tested, player friendly and survival appropriate plugins available. Our list of plugins includes: Worldedit, WorldGuard, VoxelSniper, Permissions, Multiverse-Portals, PlayerHeads, Dynmap, EmeraldLauncher, MChat, Announcer, CoreProtect, DeadBolt, ChestShop, Votifier, McMMO, Essentials, Factions, Corruption, Enjin Minecraft, McBANS, DisguiseCraft, OnTime, Honeypot and Craftbook.

NOT WHITELISTED!

Reesylou:
Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:48 PM
I have only been on the server for a few days, but it is the best server I have been on to date. I am not interested in PVP, so that is an important factor for me. A number of other non-PVP servers claim no griefing - this server delivers. Friendly factions - every user can start a faction and claim territory to protect their builds. The admins and mods (and so far the other players) are all very friendly and helpful. There is a mix of both younger and older people, and beginners through to veterans. All-in-all a great place to be.

Sgtbattlefurby:
Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:47 PM
I've been playing Minecraft since Beta 1.7 and i've come to not really like server's with plugins, BUT! After playing on this server for several weeks now and I have to say this is the one and only server with plugins that i play on and I have a BLAST every time i join. If you enjoy having fun with other like-minded people this is deffinitely the server you should join.

Johnyboy187:
Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:43 PM
I've been playing this server for about 2 months ish now and it's been one of the best experiences i've had on minecraft, not just because i'm a member of the staff but because of the friendly community, the relationship the Owner and staff have with the players is great and everything just gets on like clockwork. It has CoreProtect to obviously stop griefers so no need to worry about that.
Honestly if you're looking for a 24/7, Non PVP and No Griefing server with friendly staff. This is the one for you!

TheWitting:
Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:26 PM
Well, nothing to say except it's a quite amazing server with good staff.
I've been playing there since the beginning of april, and I must say, that it's probably the best server i have EVER played on. The admins take good care (lol) of the players, and are good at preventing griefing, spamming etc etc.

Player1000:
Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:31 PM
I've been playing on this server for months now and it is by far the best online Minecraft experience I've ever had. The staff are very friendly as well as the community itself Posted Image There are some really nice builds on here and the plugins such as factions IConomy etc. are well managed, and chosen by the community itself! CoreProtect is installed to prevent any and all griefing, and problems are responded to maturely, quickly and properly. A music store was just added through my suggestion, can't wait to see what happens next

Elmeno210:
Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:21 AM
Yes Indeed this is the best server evvaaa, love it, its awesome how we have such a devoted staff and especially owners Adam and Nem they put so much of there free and time they dont have into it, like the other day for example I belive the server was down and Nem was at work and he was doing as much as he could to get it back up at WORK, now thats awesome pretty much risking his job for US they dont have to do it at all but they do cause there awesome I mean they provide A FREE service so we can have fun and Am more than sure it has cost them money out of there own pockets to pay for the server so we could enjoy ourselves, so thank you Nem and Adam for such an awesome server and all the hard work you guys put into it, also not forgetting the staff without them the griefers would grief! lol Thank you all *assclaps for everyone* Posted Image

Mfoyil:
Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:24 AM
This server is the best I have seen yet. The staff is always so friendly and willing to help. The PvP arena is very addicting to play, I could play it for hours at a time

Meno2010:
Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:26 AM
Got to say this is the best server I have ever been on and I been on ALOT looking for the right one and I found it here at Tragic Survival. This server is family to me now, the owners are freaking awesome, the staff is so helpful and mature, the players are all unique in there own way the build's are mind blowing we have ALOT of talented builders here, and its always growing eachday new players, new plugins but not to much where it makes it not even fun it's just the right balance. so If you have not found A server to call home stop your search here it end's here come visit us family hope to see you there.

Xabien:
Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:58 PM
I'm not usually one that is active on any type of forums, but rather only active in-game. However, this server definitely deserves recognition beyond what I can even offer now. I have been a member on the server for a few months and its been one of the best gaming experiences I've had. The community is very friendly and welcoming to all players and the staff is super involved and always strive to offer the best for the server. I've been on a handful of servers where it was hard to really settle in because of the distant feeling from the rest of the players and owners, but whenever im on tragic, i feel right at home. I enjoy the all the job and trading system plug-ins along with the new PvP arenas, the massive and creative builds, and basically everything else the server has to give! I highly recommend this server to anyone, you won't regret joining. Posted Image

NOT WHITELISTED!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
O my gosh you are such a nerd, but I must admit I'm a gamer too occasionally. I usually play D3, and the lady just shakes her head at me. I'll have to check out minecraft. Best luck!!!

I just want to specify that this was good-natured humor since I'm a gamer too. No offense or animosity was intended in any way.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I sent your IP to my son and told him to tell you I sent him. My kids love playing Minecraft, they are on it alllll the time.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Adam, if you don't mind me asking a tech question:
My son is currently using a HP Pavilion dv4000, but the game runs terribly slow on this machine, which often leads to his death. Here are the Pavilions' specs that I got from CNET.com:

Processor: CPU = Intel Pentium M 725 / 1.6 GHz; L2 cache - 2.0 MB; Front Side Bus = 533.0 MHz; Chipset = Intel i915; Memory: RAM = 512.0 MB ( 2 x 256 MB ); Max RAM Supported = 2.0 GB; DDR SDRAM speed = 333.0 MHz; Empty Slots =2.0; Hard Drive = 60.0 GB HDD / 4200.0 rpm; Graphics Processor = Intel GMA 900 - 128.0 MB; Memory Allocation = Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0

That's all gobbledegook to me - I dunno squat about computer hardware and have never modified one, but I do recognize that the GHz and RAM numbers are smaller than the specs recommended by MineCraft, which are:

CPU : Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz; RAM : 4GB ; GPU: GeForce 6xxx or ATI Radeon 9xxx and up with OpenGL 2.1 Support (Excluding Integrated Chipsets); HDD : 150MB.

So, is it possible to upgrade the Pavilion dv4000 cheaply? Or if not, what sort of cheap refurbished computer can I get him that won't lag so bad? Any chance of finding something decent under $200. ???

Thanks in advance ...

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
My son is into Minecraft. He watches dudes play it on youtube and sometimes I'll let him watch streams on Twitch.

I am heavy player of League of Legends myself.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Adam, if you don't mind me asking a tech question:

currently using a HP Pavilion dv4000, but the game runs terribly slow on this machine, which often leads to his death. Here are the Pavilions' specs that I got from CNET.com:

Processor: CPU = Intel Pentium M 725 / 1.6 GHz; L2 cache - 2.0 MB; Front Side Bus = 533.0 MHz; Chipset = Intel i915; Memory: RAM = 512.0 MB ( 2 x 256 MB ); Max RAM Supported = 2.0 GB; DDR SDRAM speed = 333.0 MHz; Empty Slots =2.0; Hard Drive = 60.0 GB HDD / 4200.0 rpm; Graphics Processor = Intel GMA 900 - 128.0 MB; Memory Allocation = Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0

That's all gobbledegook to me - I dunno squat about computer hardware and have never modified one, but I do recognize that the GHz and RAM numbers are smaller than the specs recommended by MineCraft, which are:

CPU : Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz; RAM : 4GB ; GPU: GeForce 6xxx or ATI Radeon 9xxx and up with OpenGL 2.1 Support (Excluding Integrated Chipsets); HDD : 150MB.

So, is it possible to upgrade the Pavilion dv4000 cheaply? Or if not, what sort of cheap refurbished computer can I get him that won't lag so bad? Any chance of finding something decent under $200. ???

Thanks in advance ...

The computer he is using is beyond slow. Computers now-a-days don't even come with less than 2GB RAM (the more RAM, the more advanced programs your computer can run, and the more programs it can run at the same time)....and his right now is at 1/4 that...and 1/8 what Minecraft recommends.

Old processors like that cannot be upgraded with new parts, due to the new parts having different types of slots/motherboard requirements.

The cheapest way to upgrade the computer is to just buy new parts and install them yourself. Here are a few parts that would make his computer like driving a new car, for under $200:

CORSAIR CX series CX500 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

Newegg.com - ASUS H81M-K LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 uATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium G3220 Haswell 3.0GHz LGA 1150 54W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646G3220

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL - Newegg.com

I just built that setup for a friend of mine that wanted an upgrade for under $200. Swapping our his current parts for these would make your sons computer about 500% more powerful than it currently is.

Anyway.... :present:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My son is into Minecraft. He watches dudes play it on youtube and sometimes I'll let him watch streams on Twitch.

I am heavy player of League of Legends myself.
I am currently Silver V in LoL. Fun game. I play it often.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Really dude?

I've been stuck in Silver all season long. I get into Silver I and then nose dive back into Silver V, rinse repeat. Not good enough to carry 4 dudes out of the wreckage some games.

I'm currently in promos to get Silver IV.

Spent season 2 in the jungle and then decided to spend almost all of season 3 as ADC because too many games were lost in 20 minutes from the bottom lane losing and snowballing the opponent. Sametime, you are helpless bottom lane if top and mid get out of control - Going to stick to jungle for season 4 so I can just babysit everyone!!!! New jungle makes it easy to farm-up and cutlass rushing makes it easy to gank on champs like Yi.

We should play sometime.

O yeah, not to mention I got Alex from the Reefshack hooked.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Excellent ! Thanks Adam ... will I need to solder any new parts in (and/or un-solder old parts), or does everything snap in or connect with plugs & screws? Sorry for being a PITA with idiot questions, but I've never gone further inside a laptop than replacing a battery. Sounds like a fun (?) project for Joe and me both to learn a little computer science.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excellent ! Thanks Adam ... will I need to solder any new parts in (and/or un-solder old parts), or does everything snap in or connect with plugs & screws? Sorry for being a PITA with idiot questions, but I've never gone further inside a laptop than replacing a battery. Sounds like a fun (?) project for Joe and me both to learn a little computer science.

Plug and play. No soldering. Just don't create any static or you can fry everything lol.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really dude?

I've been stuck in Silver all season long. I get into Silver I and then nose dive back into Silver V, rinse repeat. Not good enough to carry 4 dudes out of the wreckage some games.

I'm currently in promos to get Silver IV.

Spent season 2 in the jungle and then decided to spend almost all of season 3 as ADC because too many games were lost in 20 minutes from the bottom lane losing and snowballing the opponent. Sametime, you are helpless bottom lane if top and mid get out of control - Going to stick to jungle for season 4 so I can just babysit everyone!!!! New jungle makes it easy to farm-up and cutlass rushing makes it easy to gank on champs like Yi.

We should play sometime.

O yeah, not to mention I got Alex from the Reefshack hooked.

My in-game-name is IAMALIEN87. Send me a message. I've only played for about 3 months and got Silver V. Now I am just hanging out. My group of friends could really use an ADC. One role we can never find anyone good enough to play with us, lol. We have jungle, top, mid, support. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's so hard to find a good minecraft server these days as there are a lot of cheaters and toxic kids that could ruin all your game easily, and I like to spend hours and hours playing this magnificent game, so that's why I thought to make my own server, private, premium server. I started to learn how to create my own minecraft server and as well as I know now, I will need to buy a server hosting for that. I thought it would be nice to have the best one, as I am doing this for me and for my friends. I found some premium hosting servers that perfectly fit all my needs and I think I will buy that one as it have a better server machine and a live chat 24/7. This seems to be the best option on the market for now, so see you in the minecraft world

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's difficult to find a good minecraft server these days because there are so many cheaters and toxic kids who can easily ruin your game, and I enjoy spending hours upon hours playing this magnificent game, The finest portion of Minecraft's crossbow vs bow battle. In Minecraft, I enjoy using the crossbow. so I decided to create my own server, a private, premium server, for which I will need to purchase server hosting. I figured having the greatest one would be nice, because I'm doing this for myself and my friends. I found several premium hosting servers that exactly match all of my wants, and I believe I will get that one because it has a superior server machine and a live chat available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For the time being, this appears to be the greatest alternative on the market, so see you in the Minecraft universe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts