Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

Moving a Reef Tank

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  MotoGod 
You want 4 people to move a 180 in my experience (I assume that's what you are asking).

I would move the tank in two phases. Set up kiddy pools, brute trash cans, etc at your destination. Then pick up the livestock and transfer it to your pre-setup holding tanks. You can bring some clean water from the old setup at this point just to reduce a little of the shock for transferring the livestock. Once you start breaking down the tank, your going to want to trash all that water.

Once the livestock is moved to holding tanks, take your time breaking down and moving the equipment, hardware, and tank. And more importantly, take your time setting it back up. Grab some used tanks off craigslist or off here, get some HOB power filters, but you are going to want something to hold the fish in for a few days. Nothing is worse than trying to rush breaking down, moving, and re-setting up a tank while your fish are sitting in buckets and the clock is ticking. It simply won't get done right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.