Carolina Fish Talk Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a bunch of Mulberry leaves. They could be dried leaves fallen to the ground. I'll come and pick them up. Fresh leaves on your tree would be fine as well. Please ...
I need any quantity from a dozen to a few hundreds.
Have to be around Cary/Morrisville area.
Thank you very much.
If you are looking for a few aquarium stuffs, I am willing to trade.
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Have you found a nearby mulberry tree yet? They're pretty common near me and starting to leaf out. I can stuff a bunch in an envelope and mail them if you havent found a source. Look around the older parts of town; mulberries are one of those old-timey trees, no longer fashionable in the landscaping industry, so you dont see them as much in newer (post-1980) development. Look in old vacant lots and along fences in rural areas, where birds poop out the seeds.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gerald.
It's very nice of you for helping out. I live in an area with quite a lot of new constructions. Couldn't find one, and I don't want to venture out into the woods and get shot at ... :)
I gave it a try by ordering online a few days ago. Guess what, they ship me some very nice green leaves which are not bad, but $10.00 plus $5.95 shipping for a handful of them is outrageous. The shrimps went banana over these leaves for some reasons.
If you could, would you mail me some?
I can pay you whichever way is convenient for you.
PM me for detail, please.
Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once again, anybody has a Mulberry tree in your backyard?

I'll come and do some clean up for you.

I'll take green, yellow, brown, and dead leaves. It doesn't matter any particular type of Mulberry.

I have a lot of hungry mouths to feed ... :)

Thank you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gerald.
Thank you so much for taking some of your precious time to pick, to pack, and to ship these Mulberry leaves.
My shrimps will appreciate it, but I'll appreciate it a whole lot more.
Steakman
P/S: This would be good enough for a few months ... :rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
You're welcome! The leaves in your 4/26 photos look like probably white mulberry. I sent you a mix of white and paper mulberry (white is smooth, paper is fuzzy especially on the bottom). Let us know if the shrimp show any preference for one kind or the other. If anyone wants more info on mulberry ID:

Paper Mulberry (Broussonetia papyrifera) (paper mulberry, Asian exotic)
White Mulberry (Morus alba) (white mulberry, Asian exotic)
Red Mulberry (Morus rubra) (red mulberry, NC native)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no idea what they are, gerald.

But they are pretty thick and large. Their skin is kinda rough as well. They came to me frozen so the color were no longer recognizable.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Just checking on how those mulberry leaves worked out, and whether you noticed any differences or preferences between the smooth (white) vs fuzzy (paper) mulberry.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for asking, Gerald.
Not much preference between the 2 if any at all.
The only thing I notice is the Paper Mulberry leaves seem to be thicker, therefore they last longer, but they munch on them the same ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts